Bowling Pin Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a timed shoot. I found a video of one from last year on their Facebook page. The only downside is it appears you only get one chance to shoot. I hate to drive down there to only get to shoot once, but I plan on it!! :)

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey ladies, you might want to bring a light jacket if you come to the bowling pin match.
The weather forecast has changed for this weekend (surprise surprise) and it is now
predicted to be in the 60's instead of the low 50's. Ya'll might want to have your wives dress accordingly as well.
:lmfao:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is going to be pistol only now.

"Due to the rain last night and the high possibility of rain tomorrow, our scheduled multi gun bowling pin match will NOW be just a PISTOL MATCH. Multi gun requires us going down in the pasture to reset pins and there is already standing water on the rifle range.

Please share so that all our competitors will get the message, tomorrow is a normal pistol bowling pin match"

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next bowling pin event at FAS is June 19th. I hope all of you that get to attend have a great time.
Crossing fingers and toes that the weather is cool and NO RAIN. Please, please no more rain!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fred - will this weekend's Bowling Pin challenge be a multi-gun timed event (to make up for the rained out one) or will it remain a pistol only match as previously scheduled?
Also do you know if the contest is being run with amateur/expert divisions or is it all one mass?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keith stated at the last one that this one will still be a pistol only match as scheduled.

It is all one group. It is not divided. It is a double elimination bracket style match.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Additionally for those interested in shooting pins, Tin Star in Weatherford had a match a couple of weeks ago. They said they were going to start having them again on a regular basis. They shoot at 15'. You shoot 4 times. The first is a practice round, the times on the last three are added up. Shortest total time wins. There are three classes, revolver, rimfire, and semi auto. Bring 3 guns and shoot all three classes.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fred - will this weekend's Bowling Pin challenge be a multi-gun timed event (to make up for the rained out one) or will it remain a pistol only match as previously scheduled?
Also do you know if the contest is being run with amateur/expert divisions or is it all one mass?
Hey Mugsy. Mad professor has the 411. I've been so busy with everything going on with life lately that I haven't had a chance to check in with the range about much.
Luckily I remembered to post that the shoot was coming up to give you all some heads up.
Thanks a bunch for the info Mad professor, you rock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom