Brand loyalty...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's a great little light.I was thinking the other day about these multi lumen lights,in your case GED 3,and wondered if the time might come ,in a stressful situation, that you would be fumbling to find the right setting?? I love the convenience but I recently purchased a 200 lumens LED model that is either 200 or off.Man it will blind you.Downside is you can't really use it to read or write because the reflection from the paper is blinding.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Well...it's been about three weeks now and I gotta say, this little guy has taken over as my full-time, on duty, EDC light. My beloved Surefire L4 has taken the backseat and is now only carried as my back-up light.

Sorry Surefire.

This Streamlight dances circles around the Surefire as far as performance is concerned. The throw is awesome in this little guy. I've always doubted LEDs. I guess because the Surefire LED is the only one I ever had any experience with. A Surefire LED will flood like nobody's business, lighting up a room like it was a sunny day. But try to light up a bad guy from a stretch and you're gonna be playing the guessing game. Positive target aquisition at 50 yard distances is a walk in the park for the PT-2L, where the Surefire struggled to say the least.

Another thing is the pocket clip. Streamlight got it right. The Surefire clip works, don't get me wrong, but after a little while, it gets a little stretched out and won't grip the pocket seam quite like it should. With the Streamlight, it's design keeps a talon like grip on your pocket seam. Nice job Streamlight!

But I gotta say...the Surefire seems better built than the Streamlight does. It feels more robust and comfy in my hand. The Streamlight is very slim, streamlined and a good solid grip is sometimes compromised with wet or sweaty hands due to it's lack of knurling that the Surefire prominently has plenty of. The aluminum used in the Streamlight is a little "cheaper" than that of the Surefire as well. The way the threads line up on the tailcaps and such. Surefire is a definite winner in this department.

All in all, I'd say it's probably the best 50 bucks I ever spent.

The Streamlight PT-2L...If a tactical EDC light is on your list (and it damn well should be!) I highly reccomend one. :thumb:

awww.bigcountrysupply.com_images_products_detail_88031.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom