Brand new in box Henry issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I ordered and paid for the Henry H001TSPR and it came in yesterday. Brand new from distributor. I went by my FFL today, and I was the one that opened the box.
The front sight is installed so badly, that I'm absolutely certain that this brand new rifle will have to be rebarreled.
Because my FFL is great, it's still sitting there pre-4473, because he is more set-up to mail it back to Henry.
Has anyone else had a Henry that was ruined out of the box?
The sight was installed SO wrong that the dovetail is warped and flayed open. There is sunlight visible under the sight, and the sight itself is noticeably crooked when looking down the irons. I took a bunch of pics, and we've already contacted the distributor and the manufacturer.
Did I do the right thing? Would y'all have just brought it home? I am just extremely, overwhelmingly disappointed.
Am I just expecting too much from the Henry name?
20200507_154428_HDR.jpg
20200507_154358_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course, what you did was fine. If you had brought it home, that probably would have been fine as well, but might have taken longer to resolve. I've never had a Henry rifle, but everything I've heard is that their customer service is excellent, and I'm sure they'll take care of you. I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor just sends a different gun, but I'm confident Henry will take care if it one way or another.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got one of the Henry Survival Rifles. It was at least three feet off target at 25 yards. I went to their website and filled out a form for repairs. The next day I received an email with a pdf shipping label saying to return it for repairs. I boxed it up and sent it back.

The next week, I got a phone call from a lady at Henry who said that they were replacing my rifle with a new one. She went on to say that mine was in a lot that had problems with the receivers. I asked if they needed my dealers FFL for transfer and she said no, that they would change the information in their system and send it direct to my house.

Three days later UPS brings me a brand new rifle, signature required. My new rifle shoots great.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry isn't answering the calls at all right now, all their employees are working from home except the one lady that can mail catalogs. I'm expecting an email tomorrow or Monday to see what they'll do, but it may be longer. It may be tonight since the warranty crew is supposedly working from home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom