Brought a Swede home today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traded a Type 99 for this Swede M96 faux sniper. I guess it's close enough to shoot in the Sniper matches. I need to get some dies or a Lee loader. Have bullets on the way and came with 80 cases. I'm ready to shoot it!

Attachments

• swede1.jpg
    swede1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 257
  • swede2.jpg
    swede2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 244
  • swede3.jpg
    swede3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 214
  • swede4.jpg
    swede4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 234

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice tiger-striping.
Swedes are amazingly accurate rifles. I have several and would never dream of selling even one.
That scope is icing on the cake!
And if you love Swedes, you'll love the Swiss rifles too.
The addiction is addicting.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to pull out my M41/B to look at the scope base, because the one on yours is a pretty close copy! It's just the receiver mounting bolts that are obviously different; the rest of the mount is convincing. Very nicely-done faux setup, and the stock on that rifle is a lovely one. Is that a Weaver K4 scope?

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to pull out my M41/B to look at the scope base, because the one on yours is a pretty close copy! It's just the receiver mounting bolts that are obviously different; the rest of the mount is convincing. Very nicely-done faux setup, and the stock on that rifle is a lovely one. Is that a Weaver K4 scope?
Yes it is. It's surprisingly clear too. The original mounts had 3 screws as opposed to the commercial 2. I may possibly have a range report by this weekend, snail mail willing.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6.5 Swede is in stock at Dongs and probably Sportsworld if you want some ammo before the mail gets here. (Either should have bullets too)
Ya I thought about that. but then I would have spent almost what my Lee Loader cost me and after 20 rounds that's it. I'll bide my time shooting the Type 53's and Satan's K98 if the mailman doesn't bring me some good news by Saturday morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom