Bug out weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvDrecoil

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't necessarily have a bug out bag, I have a get home bag that would probably get me through a few days and I got a coworker onboard so were gonna try livin out of our bags for a weekend. I hope to get a little shelter and fire building practice, as well as see how long I can preserve water (I only pack 100oz) but I do have some purifying devices. Does anyone else do this and how often?

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would actually be willing to host such an event if there was enough interest. It would be in Coal Co. I have several hundred acres of varying terrain and topography. For obvious reasons, it would have to be after hunting season. Maybe February or Early March?

BTW, Coal Co. Is about two hrs from Tusla or OKC.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to start a thread and gage interest. Don't really have to be that many. It would be kinda neat to meet a few guys/gals and share ideas and such.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would actually be willing to host such an event if there was enough interest. It would be in Coal Co. I have several hundred acres of varying terrain and topography. For obvious reasons, it would have to be after hunting season. Maybe February or Early March?

BTW, Coal Co. Is about two hrs from Tusla or OKC.

I am interested, but that time frame is still pretty cold, and we historically have some pretty bad snow around the Ides of March. How about early April? Just thinkin some of the ones that will be going with me are grandkids, and don't want to make it to rough.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gilman, that's cool with me. I was actually thinking about beating the spring rains, but you are right, we usually have a late cold snap around then. There are several interested and a couple have schedules to work around, myself included. As we get closer, we can try and nail down a weekend at works for everyone.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested, but that time frame is still pretty cold, and we historically have some pretty bad snow around the Ides of March. How about early April? Just thinkin some of the ones that will be going with me are grandkids, and don't want to make it to rough.

OTOH, this may be a great time to test and adjust your cold WX planning. I do agree that if you want 'new' participants making it miserable may drive them the wrong way.

I think a planning thread is a good way to gauge interest. I may try to participate myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom