Building 24" AR in 223 to shoot 1000yds. Scope Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh-huh, Dustin's other screen name, I'm sure you I mean he, has.

Wow.....you are smurt huh?!?!?! Have the admins check IP's. Anyway, DustinG ain't near gangsta enough....I make AliG look like grandmas with how gangsta I am.

I am so gangsta I have AFG for door handles on my Hummer with 30" spinnaz son!!!!!!

Besides, you saying Leprechauns don't exist?!?!

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight............

Not that it really matters, but.......
I know Dustin & his credentials are solid (Just don't tell him I told you so).

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do people always think its a cool cutdown to to point out the fact that someone plays vidya games? I play the chit out of vidya games.

That said,

[Broken External Image]

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.....you are smurt huh?!?!?! Have the admins check IP's. Anyway, DustinG ain't near gangsta enough....I make AliG look like grandmas with how gangsta I am.

I am so gangsta I have AFG for door handles on my Hummer with 30" spinnaz son!!!!!!

Besides, you saying Leprechauns don't exist?!?!

a1.bp.blogspot.com__7XLwxCdsrhA_Sa3LTz_Wr_I_AAAAAAAAAAw_wxpTFt406920f73bf703240c1af9b275cb4bdf.jpg

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if you'll check out a Vortex Viper scope, you'll find that the glass is superb and I'd put it up against any Luepold out there, even the Mk4. It only has 68MOA built into it, but I think that you could get to 600yds anyhow. Cost about $400 new, which would leave you the money to buy a nice mount or even just save some money! I'm not bashful about doing things for less! Goodluck with whatever you choose. Some other good options would be a used VXIII Luepy, Bushnell 3200 series. Actually theres a Bushnell FFP on SNipershide for $575. Also check out Wonderoptics site and look at the Falcons or even a Wotac.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a thought for all you Gangstas! Palma rifles have iron sights and they shoot out to 1000 yds with those. The Army A.M.U. has fielded several M 16-A2s fitted out for 1000 yd shooting with IRON sights. So you really don't need a big old optic to shoot 1000 yds. In the south west you would be hard pressed to be able to use any thing over 20X on a "warm" day due to mirrage, and we seem to have a lot more warm ones than cold ones. I think a nice 3.5-14X Leupold or any quality glass THAT IS CLEAR would be just fine! BUT you do need a lot of room for elevation correction. I am very partial to 10X for this type of stuff, and have been known to use an AR-10 with a 20" barrel and a 2.5-8X to good effect at that range...but I am not a noted long range shooter and the results are spotty day to day, but I NEVER felt under opticed.....if that indeed is a word!

Now with that all said...Gentlemen I want a nice clean fight....OOOPPPS!!! TO LATE :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom