Building my first SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had my lower engraved this morning. I HIGHLY reccomend them also. Great work done in a matter of minutes for a very low price. I didn't even need to tell her the height and depth requirements. Im glad there is a place local where I can spend my money that isn't a gun hating hippie. Lol.

Thanks for the heads up robar g-19!!

Glad to hear you got it done fast and cheap.

Oh, just so you know, there is no height requirement for the makers info, just depth (.003"). The height requirement is only for the serial #.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ohh .. im learning new stuff everyday. Lol.

I also assembled my first lower today. Had lots of rifles but never built one up. Ill post a picture up in a bit..just because everyone likes pictures. Haha. And im proud of it.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh .. im learning new stuff everyday. Lol.

I also assembled my first lower today. Had lots of rifles but never built one up. Ill post a picture up in a bit..just because everyone likes pictures. Haha. And im proud of it.

Building one is a lot of fun. Looking forward to your pics.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've always been good with 1911's, but these AR lowers are a piece of cake...had to take my time on the bolt catch pin though..held it with same hand as the punch and tapped with the other..not in a vice. but nothing got scratched or scraped..
oh yea, i went with a YHM lower and a RRA LPK.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this talk about 9mm SBRs has convinced me to get the lower I bought 3 months ago for mine out of the safe and start the paperwork. Picked it up from the engravers today and will mail the form 1 tomorrow. You guys are a bad influence on me! :D

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got it built as a pistol for now...
bought a upper with 7'' barrel (will be cut down thursday)
EOTech xps 2-2
colt mag
hahn conversion kit 9mm (being mailed next day)
and a pistol buffer assembly

When i decide between 3'' and 5'' barrel i will buy the free floating handguard.Hopefully soon...
I will be going to the big tulsa gun show so might pick up something else cool there. its coming along nicely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom