Bullet puller suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suggestions on a bullet puller?
I don't think a whacker hammer will fill my needs.
There are several collet types.
Is one better than the others?
The plan is to pull thousands of 30 cal. bullets that are probably lacquered or glued in.
Back in the day I bought thousands of defective 308 rounds from Paragon sales for cheap.
Forgot I had them until moving some crates the other day.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back many years ago I bought the Hornady cam lock after doing some research. Haven’t had the need to use it too much but when I do it seems to work fine. If I had thousands to pull I think I’d find a way to automate the cam action just to make the project a little more fun

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had great luck with the RCBS puller. Pulled a lot of 223 with mine. I do have it for sale but I do not think it will fit your 30cal.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Hornady. the collet seems to be the problem as everybody is out or over priced.
May try Jerry's or Dongs tomorrow. They are both cheaper than the internet neckbeards.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had 200 30-06 reloads given to me. I only wanted the projectiles for military bolt matches. I started banging away with the hammer but there had to be a better way. Got the Hornady puller and had the whole ammo can done in about 30 minutes.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the kinetic / hammer style puller (not all that often) since I first started reloading back in the late 80's and probably the most I've had to pull at one sitting was around 100 or so that were unknown reloads......it's slow and if I had to pull a lot of bullets I'd probably invest in something like the Hornady mentioned above.

As opposed to the two or three piece collets and o-rings that come with them they say you can use the appropriate size shell holder with the kinetic pullers but I've never tried it.

puller.gif

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried the shell holder in place of the collet before.
At least on a rifle cartridge, that method sure leaves a mark & some other slight damage on the brass.
But this could aslo be related to how hard it is to get bullet out or how many whacks it takes.

Handgun cartridges probably wouldn't be a problem.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the kinetic / hammer style puller (not all that often) since I first started reloading back in the late 80's and probably the most I've had to pull at one sitting was around 100 or so that were unknown reloads......it's slow and if I had to pull a lot of bullets I'd probably invest in something like the Hornady mentioned above.

As opposed to the two or three piece collets and o-rings that come with them they say you can use the appropriate size shell holder with the kinetic pullers but I've never tried it.

View attachment 182478
I pulled down 70 rounds of 7.65 Argentine this morning using the kinetic hammer, powder everywhere.
Pulling the bullets and primers out and trashing the brass.

Heck, I might pull them for you if I can keep the powder and primers!! Just kidding. Maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom