Burris P.E.P.R. QD Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at getting this mount for my AR. Does anyone have any experience with them or know of a better QD mount that that isn't more expensive?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money, it's a great mount. It's not really Quick Detatch like a LaRue or ARMS or Bobro or ADM or any of th other throw lever type mounts. But it's also $100-150 cheaper. I had one and it repeated zero OK. Not as good as my LaRue but good enough really.

I'd say go for I unless you really want QD then just save a little more and get a LaRue.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the money, it's a great mount. It's not really Quick Detatch like a LaRue or ARMS or Bobro or ADM or any of th other throw lever type mounts.

Burris is making a new one with QD throw levers. They claim RTZ as well and it's supposed to be comparable in price to the regular one.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

I'd say it's worth a shot. Don't expect it to be on par with the ADM or Larue mounts, though.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too, unless it's for like a .22 upper. Not saying it's not a great mount OP, but if I'm spending big $$$ on nice glass I want the nicest scope mount!!

I won't be spending big money one nice glass either. My most expensive glass currently is a Bushnell 3200 3-9x40 that I just picked up a couple days ago. I will need a lot more education/experience before I'll feel comfortable jumping into the high-end glass game.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The QD is the one I was talking about.

You are talking about the standard PEPR, Wormy?

Ya I was. It's a good mount for the money.

Right now on my coyote rifle, I've got a Trijicon TR20 3-9x40 accupoint scope in a LaRue mount with his VFZ locking system. It's not QD because I didn't need QD on this rifle, and the VFZ is about $50 cheaper than their QD mounts. Might be something to look at unless QD is absolutely necessary for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom