Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ive had the same experience with a glock 23. couldnt get through a mag without jamming.

....and I've had a .50 M2 puke on me but that doesn't make the ma duece a piece of sh#t. It just means that one failed. The point of adding that was to answer your comment about people not having shot hi-points. I have, and so have plenty of others, and they've sucked.

Statistics and probability are more relevant. Take a pile of Glock 23s and a pile of Hi-points...shoot 'em up in a course of fire that mimics common self defense/gunfight scenarios. I guarantee you get more failures out of the Hi-point pile. Maybe someone here has the time and $$ to make that happen, it'd be fun to see how it plays out. Sort of like the IDPA challenge test...but bigger.

Last edited:

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....and I've had a .50 M2 puke on me but that doesn't make the ma duece a piece of sh#t. It just means that one failed. The point of adding that was to answer your comment about people not having shot hi-points. I have, and so have plenty of others, and they've sucked.

Statistics and probablity are more relevant. Take a pile of Glock 23s and a pile of Hi-points...shoot 'em up. I guarantee you get more failures out of the Hi-point pile. Maybe someone here has the time and $$ to make that happen, it'd be fun to see how it plays out. Sort of like the IDPA challenge test...but bigger.
id really like to see that challenge lol.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading once that manufacturing costs for a Glock are somewhere in the neighborhood of $75. I can't imagine that a Hi Point can beat that by too much. $150 vs $500 is a big difference for something that essentially costs the same to manufacture. It makes me wonder in where all the difference is. Profit, QC, advertising. Now of course there are a lot more Glocks produced annually than Hi Points, so it's not necessarily apples v apples but still.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
try it with a glock or any other gun. oh and sorry for not knowing what they use. just because it cost more money doesnt make it any better. just because the military or law enforcement uses it doesnt make it better. just saying. i bet you have NEVER shot one before. its all hear say with you. go shoot one. go beat the piss out of one. it will still fire.

I have shot them several times. My opinion stands.

Really? Law enforcement and military use them because they are better. You don't think they would use a quality firearm?

That's was a classic statement bud. Your still not proving anything.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
try it with a glock or any other gun. oh and sorry for not knowing what they use. just because it cost more money doesnt make it any better. just because the military or law enforcement uses it doesnt make it better. just saying. i bet you have NEVER shot one before. its all hear say with you. go shoot one. go beat the piss out of one. it will still fire.

The 2 times I have shot the HP, I had around 15 failures. My 4 glocks with a total of 4000 rounds down them, zero failures. Including the gen4 23. It has 1500 rounds down, not one problem. It has not even been cleaned in about 700 rounds. Don't assume things.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot them several times. My opinion stands.
The 2 times I have shot the HP, I had around 15 failures.
lol? really? like i stated before. the only problem with the hi points jamming or ftf is the mag. its real easy to pry open the mag a little with some pliers. try that on your 3rd time shooting a hi point. :urwelcome:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roachjuice said:
lol? really? like i stated before. the only problem with the hi points jamming or ftf is the mag. its real easy to pry open the mag a little with some pliers. try that on your 3rd time shooting a hi point. :urwelcome:

Sure. Third time. Won't happen. I enjoy shooting guns, not fixing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom