Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember reading once that manufacturing costs for a Glock are somewhere in the neighborhood of $75. I can't imagine that a Hi Point can beat that by too much. $150 vs $500 is a big difference for something that essentially costs the same to manufacture. It makes me wonder in where all the difference is. Profit, QC, advertising. Now of course there are a lot more Glocks produced annually than Hi Points, so it's not necessarily apples v apples but still.

I'd bet the difference in costs lie in R&D and engineering time. How many years does Glock spend designing, testing, redesigning, testing, etc? How many months did Hipoint spend designing and testing?

Low mfg cost is also the result of ingenuity and experience.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RKM said:
I see from your other post you work at car dealerships.............that explains the condescending attitude. :bowdown:

Right. Kissing people's ass all day as a service advisor gives me a huge condescending attitude. Your so smart.

It actually just makes be able to enjoy running my mouth on here because I can't at work! I can actually say what I think of you.

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did this turn into a flame war over MY gun choice? Am I asking any of YOU to go buy one? NO. Am I asking any of YOU to use one? NO. I asked for advice, this is true, but if I decided not to take that advice, isn't it MY choice? I thank ALL of you that gave me the advice I asked for, but to turn my thread into a bashing contest? No thank you, I had to deal with stuff like that growing up in an abusive home.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KrashKing405 said:
When did this turn into a flame war over MY gun choice? Am I asking any of YOU to go buy one? NO. Am I asking any of YOU to use one? NO. I asked for advice, this is true, but if I decided not to take that advice, isn't it MY choice? I thank ALL of you that gave me the advice I asked for, but to turn my thread into a bashing contest? No thank you, I had to deal with stuff like that growing up in an abusive home.

Sorry pumpkin. Enjoy your new gun!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is how it goes...you create the thread and it goes where it goes. Don't sweat it. Enjoy your pistol....

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this thread has certainly taken a turn for the worse. Easy boys...

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_20Dos_tracksq.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom