Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr.357Sig said:
Wow, IndVet. That's a pretty broad brush you're using there. Especially considering how little time you've been a member of the forum. Just sayin'...

My thoughts. 44 post and a forum expert. I get schooled on here all the time, and this dude has already got it figured out. Tell me more IndVet.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
post count and time on a site means squat. Read some of what has been posted the last few weeks or months...whole lot of experts and snobs posting whatever comes to mind. If a man says he has $200 to spend on a gun, then take it for what it is worth. No one needs to be talked down to about what there life is worth, etc, etc etc...How about like some folks posted offering guns close to what the man can afford, instead of the condenscending crap that constantly gets posted.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my take on it and I'm not wanting to single out anyone or that kind of thing.

But here goes...

I would much rather know a guy who is willing to spend what money he can afford on a firearm than a guy who thinks we should institute more anti-gun laws.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
post count and time on a site means squat. Read some of what has been posted the last few weeks or months...whole lot of experts and snobs posting whatever comes to mind. If a man says he has $200 to spend on a gun, then take it for what it is worth. No one needs to be talked down to about what there life is worth, etc, etc etc...How about like some folks posted offering guns close to what the man can afford, instead of the condenscending crap that constantly gets posted.
Couldnt read the whole thread ...my eyes are watering...;)
I agree with this post.
I saw a shipment of $85 hammers come into a military dispencing site ...Ya think they were better than the $15 ones you get at home depot.....these threads crack me up.
Apples and oranges make fruit salad....;)
Congrats on the new gun ....but look at the difference between .45acp and 9mm ammo....almost twice for the .45 ,but then they dont make a .46....LOL

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, found me a nice .45ACP Hi-Point, $150 OTD. I DO plan on getting something better down the road, maybe in 6-8 months. I've heard guns are like tattoos, once you get one, you want more, and I already have 1 tattoo ;)

Congrats on your first handgun. Let us know how you like it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldnt read the whole thread ...my eyes are watering...;)
I agree with this post.
I saw a shipment of $85 hammers come into a military dispencing site ...Ya think they were better than the $15 ones you get at home depot.....these threads crack me up.
Apples and oranges make fruit salad....;)
Congrats on the new gun ....but look at the difference between .45acp and 9mm ammo....almost twice for the .45 ,but then they dont make a .46....LOL

The fact that you think a comparison between hammers and 'hipoint vs a better built weapon' is a good analogy is just as amusing.

You wouldnt let your wife buy a brand of car that was known for being a lemon would you? The guys were just trying to steer him away from a product known to have problems to protect his household. Many hipoints don't go bang every time, its reputation is warranted. (yes i have first hand experience)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom