C&J Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: The construction crew notified me we hit 150 yards and that is as far as we are going for now. I do need to verify this myself. Time has ran out with the crew until there next project has ended and we come up with additional funds.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: We have the frame up for the rifle cover. All we need now is to put the roofing on it which we already have out there. With time ticking away we know the rifle range will be 100% up and running out to 150 yards. The pistol still might need cover by weeks end but will be open to shooters. Thanks to both my wife's family and mine we kicked butt this holiday weekend. Also thank you to all the veterans and service members who are still serving our country. We are offering 15% off yearly membership to any uniform.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every lane will be able to go out to 150 yards from 25 yards. We have removeable stands you can take to the ranges that you want to shoot. Rifle will have 10 lanes and pistol will have 12. Still working out the additional prone positions for the rifle that I would like to see.

How many rifle lanes? Will all be set up for 150 or will there be 50 & 100?

How many pistol lanes? Distances?

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: The construction crew notified me we hit 150 yards and that is as far as we are going for now. I do need to verify this myself. Time has ran out with the crew until there next project has ended and we come up with additional funds.

My in-laws used to live just down the road. Apparently there are a few fellows in the area with machinery you can hire fairly cheap to clear out land.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap isnt usually associated with diesel and rock. If you happen to have those guys information please send it to me. I would be more than willing to converse about pricing.

My in-laws used to live just down the road. Apparently there are a few fellows in the area with machinery you can hire fairly cheap to clear out land.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: We messued out the rifle range while taking a break on putting up the range cover. It came to slightly over 100 yards. The construction crew will be coming back out during closed hours to extend the range to the 150 yards they said they had gotten to. (Gotta watch those snicky guys). Hopefully it will be fixed before Saturday. Other wise we will have just 100 yards for Saturdays opening and fixed by mid week.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can we submit applications for membership at the range?
Oh yeah one more question, does it happen to face north or south? I was a member of Shawnee's range and that afternoon sun was a PIA!

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are more than welcome to submit applications at the range. I see most people doing that. The range would only fit on the property facing west. THe cover will be more than sufficiant for blocking most of the sun. We took this into account when we came to the conclusion that the only way to face the range was west. I very much wish we could have placed the range facing North East.

Latest posts

Top Bottom