Cabelas/BP Trade In program?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, if I walk in there with a 20 year old pair of Simmons binos, are they going to give me $100 off a new pair of vortex’s? It sounds to good to be true, so I’m asking here.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they say they'd do that? Gander Mountain used to do that occasionally, except it was more like $20 to $50 depending on how much you spent. It was legit, but it was basically just a way of marking the price down so they didn't care if what you were trading in was any good or not.

A quick look at Cabelas website didn't turn up any mention of that though...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did they say they'd do that? Gander Mountain used to do that occasionally, except it was more like $20 to $50 depending on how much you spent. It was legit, but it was basically just a way of marking the price down so they didn't care if what you were trading in was any good or not.

A quick look at Cabelas website didn't turn up any mention of that though...[/QUOTE]
I found this on the website
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/hunting-classic-event
So if I trade these in

Will I get $100 off these

Attachments

• 5E29BCE1-5FFA-48A2-87FC-9E8801976FFB.jpeg
    5E29BCE1-5FFA-48A2-87FC-9E8801976FFB.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 3B706EDE-6D1C-4EDE-9B39-488482C3A24E.jpeg
    3B706EDE-6D1C-4EDE-9B39-488482C3A24E.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm, yeah it looks like they would if you trade it toward a $500 plus scope. Would they give you $100 off on two $250 scopes? I doubt it...

I'm assuming you could get that deal at Cabelas because Bass Pro = Cabelas, but you might want to make sure on that part. I didn't look extremely close at the details.

BassPro/Cabelas is too well known to publish an ad like that and just blow people off. Remember a few months ago when Bass Pro put the wrong picture in an ad and advertised .17 hmr ammo super cheap (I forget the details, like 500 rounds for $15.99?). Several people ended up getting free ammo, rather than Bass Pro just saying we made a mistake and we're not selling it for that.

Look the details over closely, but if they say they'll do it, I'm sure they will. Again, they're basically putting their scopes on sale, they aren't likely to do anything with the trade-ins, so they don't really care if it's a 20 year old Simmons or something actually useful.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

A quick look at Cabelas website didn't turn up any mention of that though...
I found this on the website
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/hunting-classic-event
So if I trade these in

Will I get $100 off these[/QUOTE]

That's $100 off the" regular" price total after the $20 trade in credit is applied to the sale price of $169.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn’t heard of this program until this thread, but I can assure you Cabelas/Bass Pro are coming out on top in whatever promotion they put out. The customer might be getting a “deal”, but they ain’t getting to the retailer.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive done the trade in deal twice at bassbelas, trail cam and boots. Theyll send ya over to the customer service counter and youll get a coupon in exchange for your item. At least that’s what I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom