Cabin Fever - Need to do some shooting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after thoughtful consideration, I've decided it is necessary to go do a little shooting, if only to preserve my mental well-being. I'll either be heading to the Lexington WMA or to Fouled Bore in a day or two.

With the ammo shortage going on, the one thing I have plenty of (that I don't mind shooting) is 6.5 Creedmoor. I have about 140 rounds available, and enough supplies to load several hundred more. I'm going to head to the range tomorrow (hopefully) and wish you all well. I hope those of you that are staying at home are doing better than I am. At least I can be alone and not come into contact with others, as I'm trying my best to follow the guidance we've been given. That new scope on the rifle has been begging me to sight it in for 2 months now. It's depressing looking at it, having still not shot it!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a scope that needs some attention as well. Been mounted on the rifle for a year sitting in the safe.
Our range has canceled all matches and meetings but will remain open until this virus gets whupped.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Fouled Bore this evening, they said they are still open. They have a match this Saturday, so I'll need to go before that. OK Dept. of Wildlife website says that all WMA ranges and facilities are remaining open. Only their admin offices are closed.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you take a few of the folks from here with you....seems they are having issues also, about every other thread turns into an argument.

Hope you have a good time!!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you take a few of the folks from here with you....seems they are having issues also, about every other thread turns into an argument.

Hope you have a good time!!
I've noticed that lately.

It's going down tomorrow. Lexington WMA here I come. I haven't been out there in several years and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements they've made. I've got the rifle ready to go, got my hand loads and data sheets ready, I even dug up my old staple gun so I can make sure I'm able to hang some targets.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed that lately.

It's going down tomorrow. Lexington WMA here I come. I haven't been out there in several years and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements they've made. I've got the rifle ready to go, got my hand loads and data sheets ready, I even dug up my old staple gun so I can make sure I'm able to hang some targets.
Go for oneshot groups. I’ve started doing that. It’s easier to measure and saves the hassle of having to subtract the flier. Pics of one shot group looks much cleaner too. Also saves ammo. OneShot groups is where it’s at. Even if you want to shoot 10 or 20 rounds, just shoot a different spot on the paper each time.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring boots its usually muddy.
I wish I'd read this before I went! It was pretty muddy out towards the 100 yard targets. Still manageable though. There was only 1 other person there, and they were on the other range. I had the north range all to myself for about 3 hours. It did me some good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom