Calibers for next "crunch"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So in the past when we were in a crunch it was a little known secret that 40 cal was still on the shelves everywhere and cheap... Well this time around alot of folks wised up to the game, because now it's all gone too. So seeing the calibers on the shelves now I need to get a 10mm, 357sig, 45 gap, or 32 auto pistol, a 350 legend rifle, and 17 hmr. If this trend continues I should be able to find (small amounts of) the ammo for those in stock somewhere.

What will be your next crunch calibers?

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to name the caliber I have but there is some on the shelf in several places that are at the same price it was post 2008. Actually a couple bucks cheaper, but I don't need any.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am really regretting selling off my guns in 10mm, it has bee somewhat easy to find anytime i have been in a gunstore. Sadly i can currently buy 45acp for nearly the same price as 9mm at some places. Maybe once i am out of 45acp i will buy another 10mm pistol or even 357sig.

AFVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be shopping at the wrong places...haven’t seen 17HMR in months. Up until a few months ago it was the last of the ammo on the shelves at Walmart and Academy, but not anymore.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only ammo I have purchased in the last decade was 22 long rifle and not much since I have plenty.
And 6.5 Creedmoor because I had Zero Brass to reload it.
I did get some 30-06 on accident.
Lady behind the counter did not grab the Box of 6.5 I pointed out to her and I did not notice it until I was at the range.

If I just keep my stockpile of lead I should be good for some time.

If you shoot a lot of pistol it is crazy not to reload for it.
WAY cheaper.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be shopping at the wrong places...haven’t seen 17HMR in months. Up until a few months ago it was the last of the ammo on the shelves at Walmart and Academy, but not anymore.

The Sand Springs Atwood's has had 17HMR in every time I go including this morning. I check after dropping my daughter off at school each morning.

Academy had lots of 556 and 7.62x39&54 last week but that's all gone.

I have been able to find as much 44 Mag as I want in pawn shops and local non-big-box stores.

Latest posts

Top Bottom