Camping and me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like tent camping, but the problem is, I gotta have a fan on me at night. Specifically, on my ugly-ass bald head. In a campground with electricity, that's fine. But if I got no air movement on me when I'm sleeping, unless it's -40°F you can be assured I'm gonna absolutely sweat to death and not get a lick of good sleep. <sigh>

They have battery operated tent fans at Aldi right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to do tent camping a lot years ago. Now I just enjoy a day outside messing around the lake, come back and sit around the fire, sometimes cooking something on the grill, having a few cold ones, get tired, then go in and slide into the king bed under the A/C. Ha Ha I have gotten soft, have not had the tent out in years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have three slides in the RV making the living and dining area 14' wide with a fireplace, and a big screen HD TV that pops up out of a hidden compartment. Dish TV Satellite system.
Two air conditioners, Microwave, stove, oven, fridge, full size shower and ceramic crapper outside shower, Stereo system with speakers in the living area, bedroom and outside under the awning, bluetooth capable with a multi disc CD player . Another HD TV in the bedroom with a bed that tilts up for watching like a hospital bed. The AC unit in there would meet TRidiots requirements! Get some great sleep there with the air movement.
Yeah, it isn't tent camping, and enjoyed it when we did, but life in the campground has evolved for us.
The last time we tent camped, skunks overran the campground. Don't know if they were fighting or breeding, but the squalling and comotion right outside of our tent was enough to make my wife swear off tents forever.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have battery operated tent fans at Aldi right now!

Tried one of those once... either 6 or 8 D-cell batteries. Only time I used it was when I was trying to sleep one morning after a night shift and our power went out. I put that thing literally 2-3 inches from my face and could feel the faintest, lightest, most unrefreshing movement of air.

Bah.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have three slides in the RV making the living and dining area 14' wide with a fireplace, and a big screen HD TV that pops up out of a hidden compartment. Dish TV Satellite system.
Two air conditioners, Microwave, stove, oven, fridge, full size shower and ceramic crapper outside shower, Stereo system with speakers in the living area, bedroom and outside under the awning, bluetooth capable with a multi disc CD player . Another HD TV in the bedroom with a bed that tilts up for watching like a hospital bed. The AC unit in there would meet TRidiots requirements! Get some great sleep there with the air movement.

Sounds like my kind of roughing it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've no RV, but have 2 tents ---- 1 for 'car camping' and 1 for light load. Heavy tent weighs around 30lbs all inclusive. Little bugger only weighs about 3lbs. Some trips entail both tents....kinda like a base camp/recon arrangement. When time takes away the ability, at least I'll still have the memories!

IMG_1297 (1).JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom