can I "ban" my step-daughters dad from my property?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your step-daughter is a minor than the short answer is yes.You must formally tell him (preferably in front of disinteresred witness) that he is not allowed and faces criminal tresspass charges.However, if he has legal visitation than you will have to go to court to get a court order for him to meet somewhere other than your property.Been there done that and that's how it was for me.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your step-daughter is a minor than the short answer is yes.You must formally tell him (preferably in front of disinteresred witness) that he is not allowed and faces criminal tresspass charges.However, if he has legal visitation than you will have to go to court to get a court order for him to meet somewhere other than your property.Been there done that and that's how it was for me.

I think he would only be allowed on the property on visitation days. But I would get advice from a real lawyer not us here on the board.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You either have to post it or give him a verbal warning before it's considered trespassing.

I don't know about that. I had a problem with one of GC's relatives. She came to the house, I asked her to leave. She said no, I'm gonna stand right here til you come out and kick your ass. I asked her again to leave and told her I was gonna call OKCPD if she didn't leave. She didn't leave. I called OKCPD.

They told her that if she ever came back uninvited she would be arrested for trespassing.

My home is not posted and I didn't give her verbal warning.

HSIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I had a problem with one of GC's relatives. She came to the house, I asked her to leave. She said no, I'm gonna stand right here til you come out and kick your ass. I asked her again to leave and told her I was gonna call OKCPD if she didn't leave. She didn't leave. I called OKCPD.

They told her that if she ever came back uninvited she would be arrested for trespassing.

She got a verbal warning from the officer.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You gave her notification to leave. Thats all thats needed. If she refused after that, it's trespassing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom