Can Openers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Military can openers, do you like P38 or P51? Where to buy? I think I'm gonna get the P51 cause its an extra half inch in size. I also read to try and get the ones made by the Shelby Co. cause they are better made. I saw some on Amazon for a good price.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P38 I have used and it works fine and i9f you stick it on a key chain I like the smaller stuff.
But I have opened a can by rubbing the lid on a rock and it actually works well, very well in fact.

Before I read about the rock rub method I would stick my knife right into the middle of the lid and pull to the edge and then do it 4 more times to
make an X in the top of the lid and peel the centers up to get the goodies out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P-38 left oover from RVN

Same here brought home several. One on each key chain. Built a sheath with shrink tubing so they don't poke a hole in my finger or pocket.
Use it as a mini screwdriver, scraper, and can opener during hunting season.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429584624.830997.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The P-51 is a little large for a key ring if you carry it in your pocket. You could probably put it in a billfold if you don't have to worry about going through TSA.

You could purchase 100 of them from sportsman guide and resell or give extras as gifts.

I prefer the p-51 for usability over the p-38 due to size and easier on the fingers. I do carry the p-38 on my key ring for just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom