Can you have a Neilson device installed on a sub gun can?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 9mm Wraith that uses a quick attach muzzle brake/flash hider made for a sub gun, but would like to see about having a neilson device installed instead so I can use it on pistols.

I've heard of campanies that can jailbreak sealed cans so you can do regular cleaning, so I wouldn't think it would be something too difficult to do.
Does anyone know of a company that does this?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think that an 07/02 smith could make a modification. As I understand the rules, it could be modified or repaired, but not replaced.

I can’t remember if it was Bushmaster or Olympic Arms, but they got their wrist slapped for replacing registered receivers when they came in for repair. BATFE found out that when a damaged beyond repair registered receiver came in, they would destroy it and then take a new one off the shelf and give it the same serial number and send it back. Great for customer service, but BATFE said no, that it was creating a new unregistered NFA receiver and get ready to pay some fines.

If an 07/02 can take a Can apart and replace the baffles and send it back, I don’t see why they couldn’t modify your can to take a Nielsen device.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would think that an 07/02 smith could make a modification. As I understand the rules, it could be modified or repaired, but not replaced.

I can’t remember if it was Bushmaster or Olympic Arms, but they got their wrist slapped for replacing registered receivers when they came in for repair. BATFE found out that when a damaged beyond repair registered receiver came in, they would destroy it and then take a new one off the shelf and give it the same serial number and send it back. Great for customer service, but BATFE said no, that it was creating a new unregistered NFA receiver and get ready to pay some fines.

If an 07/02 can take a Can apart and replace the baffles and send it back, I don’t see why they couldn’t modify your can to take a Nielsen device.

Yeah I get that. I just don't know of any companies that do it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a member on here a long time ago who was skilled at custom work? A younger (than me) guy? Dustin? What about Steve at Cold Hand?

Latest posts

Top Bottom