Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy Back? Buy Back? WTF ?

Buying something back implies having prior ownership and then refunding or buying back something!

Lets call it what it is, the government will give someone money in return for said person to give up ownership!

Exactly, its impossible to buy back a item you never sold.

It is a form of confiscation where the .gov gets folks to willingly hand over their freedom.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buying something back implies having prior ownership and then refunding or buying back something!
I'd like to "buy back" the country my ancestors created for me.

I think the trucker lock-down protests of the last year really brought back my faith in the Canucks. They've still got it in them. The True North, strong and free!

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Their rights to personal defense are given by God - same as ours. Their rights are taken by their government - same as ours.
You are assuming they are the same as us. They aren't. They don't have a Constitution or other document that guarantees their God-given rights to be free of gov. They have documents that allow them to have rights by the government. Their governments do not guarantee their God-given rights. Big difference.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are assuming they are the same as us. They aren't. They don't have a Constitution or other document that guarantees their God-given rights to be free of gov. They have documents that allow them to have rights by the government. Their governments do not guarantee their God-given rights. Big difference.
Can you show me how well that Constitution has held up? I see guys on this very site wringing their hands about buying a firearm from someone out of state. Sound like the 2nd is being upheld to you? Maybe that little action in 1934? 1968? Ban on 7n6 ammo? 922r? 4473s? Have to be 21 to buy a handgun, but not get maimed or killed by actions of those who prohibit you from it?

People like to drag out that Constitution, but unless we follow it TO THE LETTER, then little George had it right: it's "just a God*mned piece of paper". It's become more of a talking point now, rather than the rules we SHOULD be living by. Kind of like a restraining order: it's a document that works, if a creep obeys it. The Constitution is a work of genius - if tyrants obey it. They don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom