Canadian Valley Rifle range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I see his reason for this policy. Not everyone is honest about their intentions; and would take advantage of this if he let anyone in "not to shoot".

I agree it stinks this has to be the way it is, but I don't see that as his fault. He DOES have to make money after all. :shrug:

He actually lost money by instituting his "policy" instead of using common sense. Assuming every customer is trying to get to you, or is dishonest, is probably not the best way to conduct business. He lost my business that day and from this day forward.

I'm sure it was just the frustration getting to me. The frustration of finding a 25% increase of range fees for a range that is in such a state of disrepair. The frustration of driving all that way to just turn around and go home.

That has been his rules, it seems like forever. I wonder if H and H will let someone out into one of their bays, just to watch?

Actually, yes. They can stand in the air conditioning and watch anyone shoot as long as they want without charge. It's not really a fair comparison, but there's your answer.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there today for the first time. What a mess. $10 for an unsupervised range. There is no one running the place, only an old guy collecting money. There were to guys taking up seven positions on the 100 yard range. Making everyone else shoot sideways, we said forget it and messed around on the 50yd range. That place is way past its prime. I may go there occasionally since it is very close to home, but any alternative would be welcome.

beermanak

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am also new to this site. Anyone know of any ranges that go out to maybe 500 yards? I've become more interested in long range shooting. Just starting out so it doesn't have to be anything like a 1000. Not feelin that froggy just yet.
Thanks in advance.

Hawkeye

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with SuperDave65 that it is close to home. I have shot at H&H a few times but I keep going to Banner road. I like to be able to take out the chronograph and test reloads for competitions but at H&H that is impossible to do. Harry has followed me out to the car asking me if I paid when I came in. (I took back in the stapler) What can you do??

Latest posts

Top Bottom