Canadian Valley Rifle range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out there yesterday. Very busy at the bench rest and a bunch of the 100 yard targets were destroyed. 10 lanes firing at 6 targets doesn't work well. I just needed to check zero with my suppressor on and although I got that accomplished it was probably the worst $10 I've ever spent. That range is going to hell in a hand basket.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out there yesterday. Very busy at the bench rest and a bunch of the 100 yard targets were destroyed. 10 lanes firing at 6 targets doesn't work well. I just needed to check zero with my suppressor on and although I got that accomplished it was probably the worst $10 I've ever spent. That range is going to hell in a hand basket.
That's unfortunate! Wonder what we can do to turn things around?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's unfortunate! Wonder what we can do to turn things around?

My dad and I were just talking about that. We own a construction company and would be willing to donate some time and materials to try and get it back into shape. Get a group out to clean up, repair and help make it back into a place worth paying to go to again.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know who owns it, but it is not the gentleman that operates it. The owners need to invest some of that money back into it. We were there Saturday morning and it is getting pretty bad. Many target stands are knocked down, creating less room to shoot. Spend casings are everywhere and have seriously created a tripping hazard. Besides that though, it just looks bad. With some work, it cold be a very nice facility.

One idea though that might be very helpful is that if they set up fresh targets each morning, it would greatly reduce the need for stopping every five minutes in the morning for folks arriving. I though about doing it the last time I arrived early but didn't want to ask him for a bunch of targets. I think if they reworked their benches and targets stands it could be helpful. Maybe trash the broken concrete benches for some ambidextrous ones.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all of the above, I certainly understand your thoughts, seriously. Harry does not own it, he leases or rents it from I believe Gene Sears, but I could be 100% wrong. Harry is old and well, I feel for him because two or three years ago he fell on the ice in the drive way of his home and hip replacements. He is not Physically able to keep the place up to what all want, please, trust me on this. If a group of you went and talked to him I have no idea how Harry would react, wish I did it is just he and I have a very good relationship, maybe if you talk to him and something fails maybe, I can help, don't know but Harry befriended me years ago because of our love of the M1 Garand,just sayin' guys.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in helping clean it up for a "membership" where it wouldn't cost me anything to go out there. But part of me is afraid to go out there. Lots of Fudds and unsafe people out there at times and can take the pleasure out of range time.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also would be interested in cleaning/building as part of a membership. In my opinion, having a membership would separate some of the other folks from members. It can get crazy out there.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad and I were just talking about that. We own a construction company and would be willing to donate some time and materials to try and get it back into shape. Get a group out to clean up, repair and help make it back into a place worth paying to go to again.

SOLD! :)

Seriously. I do not know Harry well. But I would be willing to seek his or the landowners approval for such a task if you are serious. Between that and the others here that have chimed in we might be able to make a difference there.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOLD! :)

Seriously. I do not know Harry well. But I would be willing to seek his or the landowners approval for such a task if you are serious. Between that and the others here that have chimed in we might be able to make a difference there.

I am dead serious. I know that Gene Sears leases the land to Harry( dad spoke with him about it last time we were there). Harry is a hard man to read, some days he is cool as a cucumber and others he is just plain mean.

If you can set something up or wanted to meet out there one day and discuss it with him, pm me and we could meet up.

I agree that with just the folks that have chimed in we could clean it up and turn it back into a respectable facility. Then we just need to figure out how to keep it that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom