Canibalism......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure at some point in survival back strap is back strap...................if there was a reasonable chance of rescue or whatever, I suppose. If there were absolutely no chance of rescue or survival, and it was only prolonging the inevitable, I wouldn't.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preface this with "in a life or death situation", lest someone assume something untoward:

Kill someone for meat, no.
Let meat go to waste, no.
Family, no.
Friends, unsure.
Stranger, yes.
Force someone to let me eat their friend or family member because they are a stranger to me, no.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure at some point in survival back strap is back strap...................if there was a reasonable chance of rescue or whatever, I suppose. If there were absolutely no chance of rescue or survival, and it was only prolonging the inevitable, I wouldn't.

Why wait? And you probably already know this, but back strap is low in fat content. I would think a full thigh, cleaned with skin on, would cook up slowly on the smoker pretty good, and not be as dry. Getcha a fat looter, a sharp knife, and some hickory and you're set.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Preferably not family but the rest of y'all are fair "game".

Seriously, don't think I would kill a human for food but if they were already dead...and I would expect my corpse to be used in the same fashion if it would keep someone else alive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom