Cans how loud ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you that a can on a bolt gun is WaaaaaaY quieter than a gas one. As far as subsonics go on .22, the CCI standard velocity work great. A little hotter, but stay subsonic. Kinda hard to find right now. The .22 through a rifle can, just get two, you will be happier in the end.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't find a centerfire can that will efficiently suppress a .22 compared to a rimfire can. Most centerfire cans are non serviceable and .22 cans get dirty fast. Besides that, the centerfire can is heavy and long. That is three things besides performance that make buying a dedicated .22 can a must.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't find a centerfire can that will efficiently suppress a .22 compared to a rimfire can. Most centerfire cans are non serviceable and .22 cans get dirty fast. Besides that, the centerfire can is heavy and long. That is three things besides performance that make buying a dedicated .22 can a must.

You'll also have to get adapters or rethread the rimfire barrels. A centerfird sippressor for rimfires is a terrible idea.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine uses his .223 can on a .22. It is better than nothing, it is just a bugger to clean. (The .223 is cleaner and hotter and doesn't leave all the crap residue.)

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5.56 and 7.62

I shoot both through my SAKER 7.62. I don't even change the end cap for the 5.56. Very quiet for supers, but you still get the supersonic crack. 300BLK with Subs and the bolt noise and target impact are louder than the report

I shot my 5.56 through it at an indoor gun range in TX and it didn't ring my ears. In fact, dude next to me thought I had a squib until he saw the suppressor.

Good up to 300 WIN MAG to boot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom