Carry at arcades like Main Event and Dave and Busters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneup_shroom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some clearification on concealed carry for places like Main Event and Dave and Busters. They serve alchohol and have designated bar areas (that I know are legally off limits) but I am not sure if these places fall under the typical resteraunt clause where you can carry just not seated in the bar area, or if they are considered a bar because its more gaming related and a lot of people drink outside of the bar areas there.

I am not asking if it is okay to consume alcohol while carrying :)

Thanks for the input.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only prohibited if the serving and consumption of alcohol constitutes the main purpose of the business. Those are restaurants and arcades that also happen to serve alcohol. It's no different than Chili's, Applebee's or Red Lobster.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep what TR said...The easiest way to tell is if they have a sign on the door saying "must be 21 or older to enter." If it has one no carry if it doesn't feel free to carry on.

oneup_shroom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking that would be the case but just wanted to double check! Thanks guys!

Main event has the "scary" 'no firearms concealed or open carry allowed' on their door so I was wondering if they somehow got themselves classified legally as a bar or if it was just a company policy type thing.

But the must be 21 or older to enter sign is not there and I didn't think about that aspect of it. Kind of a duh moment for me but I'm relitively new to concealed carry (about 8mo in) so I'm trying to learn :)

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scary signs are easily ignored. Then its up to them to catch you. IMHO if they can't catch a good guy conceal carrying the won't catch the guy coming in to shoot the gang bangers at the other end of the room.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a hospital that had big signs everywhere that threatened the full prosecution under the law for any weapons on the premises. I just had to shake my head and laugh. lol

<edit> And no, it wasn't a V.A. hospital, so the point was moot.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a hospital that had big signs everywhere that threatened the full prosecution under the law for any weapons on the premises. I just had to shake my head and laugh. lol

Signs? What signs? I guess I must read slower than I walk, (and I walk slow), so I just never do quite manage to see those signs everybody is talking about..

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently had an ultrasound done at an OKC hospital that had gun buster signs everywhere. I went into the room for the test and the young lady asked me to remove my sport coat. I told her I was carrying and she laughed and said good for you. In and out with no problems.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was under the impression that it was legal to carry on a hospital. In my recent sda class the instructor said that hospitals are on the prohibited list and illegal to carry in. Weird.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Texas it is illegal to carry in a hospital but they still have to post proper signage and at EVERY entrance. In Oklahoma the only hospitals that would be illegal to carry in would be run by the feds (VA or military base), on a reservation that does not permit carry (most if not all of the reservations do not accept carry permits), or those on University grounds.

A lot of places want to place big scary signs in an effort to bluff those people who are easily fooled into submission. They think that the signs make an artificial safety zone which is true but only for the criminals who ignore the sign even if it had force of law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom