Carry Experience Continued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only place you have to worry about are those specifically listed as "prohibited places" in the SDA. So learn those, ignore all others. That's my personal opinion.

Remember, this is ONLY in OK. In Texas, for instance, the properly-designed and -displayed sign DOES carry the force of law, which is a huge downside to their version of the law, IMO. Not sure about KS... I looked it up one time, but I don't remember.

I noticed you mentioned shooting billiards... most of the places I know where you can shoot billiards are bars. I am sure there are others, but I don't know about that. Bars and other places that make their money off primarily selling alcohol for consumption on the premises ARE considered a prohibited place. Liquor stores are not, because the alcohol there is not sold for consumption on the premises - in spite of what some folks say who don't understand the law.

As for OK, like I said, memorize the list of "prohibited places" and ignore the rest. If someone sees your firearm and asks you to leave, you leave. Simple as that.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed................ make sure you know where weapons are PROHIBITED by law,,, the others are just stating their opinions as business owners. They can ask you to leave, if you don't comply is where the problem comes into play.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JMO I have quit doing bisness with places that have gun buster signs. i know i don't get out much, but it has only stopped me a couple times.
As far as i am concerned they can do without my money and/or my gun.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the places I go to for my work I cannot carry, add in most of the places where I socialize and relax, friends or relatives homes who arent gun people, my own mothers home, etcetc, and it looks like I dont or cant carry very often any where. Unlike some here probably, most of the people in my social and family circle are not gun owners or at the least concealed carriers. I am the guy they know who owns guns and carries one. Some dont because they cant by law for screwing up and others are probably just not into it. Thats their business same as its my business to be a gun owner and CC'r. So I have respect and just dont carry there. Waaa. To each their own.

Not my circus not my monkeys. I dont care one bit of shitt what other people think about it or do about it, that is their business same as how I walk around is mine. I wont quit working or doing business, quit going to restaurants, quit visiting my mom or my cousin or my friends homes all because I cant have my gun with me in there for protection. Some how thru all of the F'd up shitt Ive been thru over the years I have managed to survive on this planet for 46 years- and I plan on staying here at least another 20 before Im out. Its not the end of the world if I cant have a gun strapped on all the time, because a good portion of the time I dont. It just means I better have a program for what to do without it, and I do. I will always have my knife with me (unless Im flying) and I always have the decades I spent learning and practicing fighting skills with me at all times. Im not superman, just a regular dude, but I survived just fine before I ever got a permit late 90s to start carrying, and I will survive just fine without it when its not with me. It is not a talisman. Everybody has the right to refuse to go where there are gun buster signs all they want. But I have work to do and people to see and I love going out and socializing and need to do my shopping so I will be out there without my guns working, shopping and having fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom