Carry in a "juice bar"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's legal. Even if they have a gun buster sign it's legal, as long as you leave immediately if the property owner or his agent asks you to. Just as a practical matter I advise against carrying AIWB if you plan on buying any private dances though. :wink2:

Is that a pistol in your pocket.....or are you just glad to see me?....Jayne Mansfield if I remember right. :D

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a pistol in your pocket.....or are you just glad to see me?....Jayne Mansfield if I remember right. :D

Usually attributed to Mae West originally - at least that's who I first heard say it when I was a kid (of course I didn't get it at the time).
According to online sources, Mae claimed to have used it as early as the 1930's, but if she did use it in a film it ended up on the editing room floor as the earliest known use in film by her was in 1978. Probably considered too risqué back then. Although others have used it or versions of it since - such as the movie "Who Shot Roger Rabbit" (or something like that - maybe "The Mask"?). According to the internet, she did add-lib a variation in a play in the 1940's, but it was concerning a sword.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okie362, I suppose it depends on how rough and for how long she got rough as to whether one could "get a shot off" :hot: Bad time to have a "failure to fire" I suppose...

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's legal. Even if they have a gun buster sign it's legal, as long as you leave immediately if the property owner or his agent asks you to. Just as a practical matter I advise against carrying AIWB if you plan on buying any private dances though. :wink2:
My friend carries AIWB and if he had carried into the club in Inola he would have been exposed since he was sitting at the stage and the girl had him stand and then she unexpectedly pulled up the front of his T-shirt - all the way above his manboobs! She would have blown it for him if he was carrying...

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually attributed to Mae West originally - at least that's who I first heard say it when I was a kid (of course I didn't get it at the time).
According to online sources, Mae claimed to have used it as early as the 1930's, but if she did use it in a film it ended up on the editing room floor as the earliest known use in film by her was in 1978. Probably considered too risqué back then. Although others have used it or versions of it since - such as the movie "Who Shot Roger Rabbit" (or something like that - maybe "The Mask"?). According to the internet, she did add-lib a variation in a play in the 1940's, but it was concerning a sword.
Yeah, that's who it was. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom