Carry Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_rae

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got around to finishing the SDA process. Now I can't decide on a pistol. I've been looking at Glock 42, ruger LC9s and SW Shield. Any suggestion to help me make this secession is appreciated.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way to know is to handle and hopefully shoot them. Why limit it to the lil bitty guns anyway? Why not something like a G26 or 19?

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the gun shops in Stillwater will be hosting another "Try a Gun" event soon. It's out of the way (from Moore), but this is a great way to get your hands on various guns and actually get to put some rounds downrange before you buy. At the last event they had a lot of the smaller 380 and 9mm "carry guns".

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to know is to handle and hopefully shoot them. Why limit it to the lil bitty guns anyway? Why not something like a G26 or 19?
Handle and shoot as many as possible.
This, but of the 3 the only one I wouldn't have is the LC9. HORRIBLE stock trigger ... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ...
Don't be hating on stock triggers haha

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to remember the light guns are great for carry, but practicing with them might hurt some. I remember shooting a body guard 38, really light for carrying but after shooting +p 38s I got rid of it. They stung.

Find a range and rent a few, it will save you money down the road.

Personally about 24 oz loaded is all I want on belt. Others carry full size 1911 is the 36 to 40 oz range. Its all about the quality of the belt and holster. Make sure to get a good belt.

if you do not already have gun around you might think about something the size of the glock 19. Carry and Home defense, it can use the glock 17 mags.

If you not like the Glock 19 you can resell it for close to what you paid for. Something to consider is the resell value, just in case you do not like what purchase.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had several smaller pistols over the last few years. I have an S&W Shield 40 cal at the present time and it's about as good as any I've owned. In the winter, I carry a Glock 26 in my jacket pocket. For pants pocket carry, I have a Kahr 380 and a S&W 642. For really light carry in shorts, I have a Keltec P32. All serve their intended purpose. All needed some work to personalize them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom