Carry Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all know what opinions are like...but mine is that the R9 is the smallest 9mm made (wait, that's not an opinion). I've had 2 and never had a single failure with either.

It fits in my back pocket in a Recluse in dress pants, no other 9mm does that.

The only maintenance is swapping a $5 spring every couple hundred rounds (for me every couple years).

Nothing else fits the niche that a Rohrbaugh fits. So for me, it's the perfect CCW.
I had two of them too. both keyholed at 5 yards and neither would go more than a 100 rnds before getting to dirty to run. pure crap

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My advice, carry whatever you shoot best. As far as size, get a good gun belt and holster and don't worry about it. I carry a Sig 226 in the summer and winter. Not sure why everyone wants some dinky carry gun....but if it works for you...it's better than putting a rock in your pocket...I guess.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll echo the comments of HMCS above about the holster and belt. A crappy belt, especially,will ruin your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had two of them too. both keyholed at 5 yards and neither would go more than a 100 rnds before getting to dirty to run. pure crap

Sorry for your misfortune.

Amazing that I am 2 for 2 (I have close friends with another 3 of them that have had no issues - other than they kick like mules). So, I personally know of 5 in use and all 5 have been 100% (In all fairness, no one, including myself, goes 100rnds before cleaning...maybe that is part of your problem?) It is a defensive CCW, so I tend to shoot a few magazines through just to practice (20 rounds) and then clean it so that it goes back into my pocket.

Luckily, they make dozens of carry 9mm (although none as small as the R9) so you have plenty of choices!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried a L.W. SEECAMP pistol in .32acp in one of my pockets for months now...while still untested on humans I do have it packed with hot rod Corbon ammo!

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting but about the ugliest grip I've ever seen. Looks like a deck of cards.

Oh, but you should feel them. Will give you a semi.

IMG_2635.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on a quest for the "perfect" carry pistol since 1996, and I'm still looking. A "try a gun" event is a great idea, but I needed one many years and several thousand dollars ago. I've had to "buy to try" mine.

I currently have three "carry" guns in a kind of rotation, but my main "get'r done" gun is an STI Shadow 45 acp. For deep concealment, I use either a Sig 238 and a Glock 42. The long and short of it is that I trust my life (and the lives of my family) to any of the three.

I also have a Sig 228, SA XDs 45 acp, Glock(s) 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 36, and a S&W 637 that I have carried and might again some day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom