Carry question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok first off nothing was done to the guy once they arrived and seen what was going on and second nothing was done to the lady since she made the call anomiously , it was all settled and everyone went on with their daily routine. And no i wasnt ditching the LE they done what they should have done without causing a big hoopla over it. And i would quess that she didnt see the water if he didnt have the trigger engaged.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... if I carry a visible "holstered handgun" in my hand (not attached to my person via belt/harness/ball & chain/etc.)...

That's OK?

Seriously asking for when I go to the mailbox, carry out trash, etc.

Thanks, Mac
So, it's a gray area; how much of my time do you want to buy (in advance; I've made that mistake before!) being the guy who clears it up for the rest of us? Somebody sees you, calls the cops, you get arrested (if you're lucky and don't have a trigger-happy cop who shoots the man with a gun in his hand on sight because he was afraid for his safety; videos of this abound). Cuffed and stuffed, go to jail, make bail in a couple of days (probably). What cost, that? Not just the bail itself, but what cost to your life?
So, my legal advice is "I don't know; it's gray." My practical advice is "put on a damned belt." Get a comfortable one with a snap-type buckle and keep it by the door. Best twenty bucks you'll ever spend...and it'll leave your hands free if you need them for whatever reason.
Lol, well... for a gray area, you make it sound pretty black. :D

I have an extra shoulder holster I can use for now, might get something else later.

Hmmm... how about a murse/camera case/etc. with a shoulder strap or handle? Will that get me out of the gray area as long as it (the weapon) remains concealed?

Thanks for the advice. :thumb:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, well... for a gray area, you make it sound pretty black. :D

I have an extra shoulder holster I can use for now, might get something else later.

Hmmm... how about a murse/camera case/etc. with a shoulder strap or handle? Will that get me out of the gray area as long as it (the weapon) remains concealed?

Thanks for the advice. :thumb:
Legally gray. Common sense is to not go into the gray area; I once was advised that "a good lawyer will get you out of jail, but a great lawyer will keep you from getting into jail in the first place."

I'd say that the non-gun-bag falls into the definition of concealed, and you're good to go.

Always happy to help.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This conversation is just what went on before I asked my question in the OP, the little metal clip would just stay on the gun if it were to be pulled and tossed. Left with no empty holster to indicate you had a gun at all.

This is the item that started the questions.

https://technaclip.com/

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This conversation is just what went on before I asked my question in the OP, the little metal clip would just stay on the gun if it were to be pulled and tossed. Left with no empty holster to indicate you had a gun at all.

This is the item that started the questions.

https://technaclip.com/
I was thinking of https://www.clipdraw.com/, but same idea. The answer is, if you use it, it needs to be concealed (throw on a long shirt); you can't use it for open carry, which requires a holster.

The wisdom of carrying a firearm inside your waistband with no protection for the trigger is left as an exercise to the reader.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking of https://www.clipdraw.com/, but same idea. The answer is, if you use it, it needs to be concealed (throw on a long shirt); you can't use it for open carry, which requires a holster.

The wisdom of carrying a firearm inside your waistband with no protection for the trigger is left as an exercise to the reader.

:) A device like those are not for me. My big belly would pull it off my belt and then the gun would slide into no mans land where no one would want to retrieve the nasty thang. LOL

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Only thing that kind of "carry" device should ever be used for is a Kel-Tec where it takes a 'roided out gorilla to pull the trigger in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom