Carry While Wearing Overalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my handgun license for over 2 years and never carry. Im wanting to change that and get comfortable walking around with a loaded pistol in public.

I pretty much wear overalls daily and kicking around some options for concealment. My carry gun is a CZ P-01 9mm 16+1. I shoot it well, know the platform inside and out, and really just love the gun. The biggest challenges for concealment are that its heavy and kind of large (similar in size to a glock 19). I have owned smaller guns like the XDs and S&W air weight 38 special and just do not like them at all. I would really like to stick with the P01 if at all possible.

www.slickguns.com_sites_default_files_CZ7591198_1.jpg.jpg

I have a belly band but it sucks when you have a restrictive bib to overcome then a shirt/hoodie to lift up to get your gun...feel like I would get killed trying to get to my weapon. I would like to attach a holster to the inside of my bib if possible but I guess I could always put a belt on under my 'alls with a holster???

Any help is appreciated.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Watching this thread with interest.

My favorite get up to hunt in is overalls and I've never found a good way to carry other than a chest rig. But it's not comfortable and gets in the way of all the pockets. The other option I've explored was a shoulder holster but they're even LESS comfortable and without a belt to anchor it, it just flops around all over the place making it worse that useless.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a chest holster from survival sheath I could wear between the overalls and shirt but having od green straps visible isn't much what I call concealment. and if wore under the shirt it has the same problem as the belly band. I thought about the ankle option too but like you feel that it is a bit much gun for my boots.

Someone i was talking to the other day mentioned a 5.11 holster that was Velcro and maybe I could sew the Velcro base to the inside of my bibs?

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've deliberated this issue as well while wearing overalls. For me, carrying behind the bib in a holster or pocket area is just too much sweat to deal with in most months. Maybe a pocket sewn inside the hip area below the side snaps?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a belly band but it sucks when you have a restrictive bib to overcome then a shirt/hoodie to lift up to get your gun...
Well, there's your problem. Everybody know that the shirt goes on over the outside of the overalls. :D

If you're intent on wearing your shirt inside your overalls, you might try wearing the belly band up around your chest under your shirt, then leaving one of the shirt buttons (one that's covered by the bib) unbuttoned.

On the other hand, if you leave the band down low, the guy might be so distracted by laughter as you fish around inside your britches for your gun that you can simply take his...

Latest posts

Top Bottom