Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all carry, and a few of us carry different pistols or revolvers for different scenarios. For example, if you wear loose, baggy clothing, you may carry a larger caliber revolver, or a higher capacity pistol (or both).

When wearing tighter clothing, I go small with my carry. For a go to I'll have a S&W 340 in a side or hip pocket. From deeper conceal I have backup - usually a 9x18 Makarov.

Here they are; right here:

i.imgur.com_HuMMZkZ.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It goes without saying that I feel some trepidation about not having any big bore on me when I go light. And I have wondered. Yes, I've been lectured by the tongue in cheek pundit, saying, "Shot placement - it's all in shot placement. Not how big the bullet is!" And I digested this morsel of wisdom from our clucking, finger wagging guru, who chortled on and on.

But I was still bothered by my uncertainty of the stopping power of the Makarov - of the maligned 9x18mm. "It's just a little more than a .380," they say.

So, let's see. Let's see how it does on the range. Not against four layers of denim in front of ballistic gelatin.

Let's shoot a 4x4 with it. Let's see what we have here...

i.imgur.com_wtpuS3I.jpg

i.imgur.com_ponSmY1.jpg

i.imgur.com_TO1Q95N.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tomorrow we'll get to see how a 4x4 fares against the 340 - 1st loaded with .38 Special ball, then with a potent .357 Magnum jacketed hollowpoint.

i.imgur.com_FQ4hIDj.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

"COOL!!!"

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there. The most prolific hit man in modern Mafia history used a 22lr revolver. And when he changed methods he didn't go to a larger caliber. He went to poisons. In a spray bottle. Now as for your demonstrations, very rad!! Is that bullet a fmj?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While on the topic of carry. Two weeks ago I had to either get a flu shot or fill out a ton of paperwork. I was carrying - and I had to think fast. She asked me to take off my shirt...

i.imgur.com_UwVc5C9.jpg

Well I had the Makarov in the Kangaroo chest band, and so I asked if I could go outside real quick - I hustled out to the truck and locked up my rig.

i.imgur.com_rSzHmYH.jpg_c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c.jpg

And I got the shot. Now, that is the 1st time I almost ever got caught. What are the odds of that happening? Well, it happened, lol!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, I just absolutely love this 340. Edit: If I can't wear long sleeves and have to go with a short sleeve shirt and slacks, this one goes into one of the pants pockets.

i.imgur.com_oxTrtcp.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom