Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything about the M&P 45 is used. Including the two spare magazines I ordered on line. I only run cheap practice ammo through it, because I like to come out here and shoot. I don't feel in any way inferior for having the limitation of ten rounds of 45. The inherent advantage of any semi-automatic over a revolver is reloading speed, in my opinion. But other semi-autos have given me problems - not this one though.

i.imgur.com_nrTWcEj.jpg

i.imgur.com_C1uUUAy.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my only striker fired pistol. I was raised in a time when firearms safety was construed differently than it is today. I am up in years now, and I can't carry with one in the tube while the pistol is cocked. I've done it a couple of times, but I'm ill at ease with it. I've used that Kydex trigger guard, and while it does protect the trigger 100%, I have found that I can rack a round faster than I can remove the Kydex trigger guard. In my old age, I have found myself gravitating toward carrying two revolvers. But listen, that's a matter of preference and I can't find anything bad to say about this M&P - believe me I would if there was something negative to say about it. If I were going into a bad situation and I knew ahead of time that I was, I think I would carry this one.

i.imgur.com_XpqgpXm.jpg

i.imgur.com_NaSHoQf.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, this is my opinion, a sentiment that I have. I feel like the M&P 45 is better than my Beretta 92A1 was, and here's one reason why. Yes; I can punch the firing pin channel. Although the 92A1 could be fired full DA on the first round (which I liked), I could not get it truly clean, I felt. It was made in such a way the the firing pin was difficult to extract at my skill level. But the striker fired pistol quickly disassembles in such a way that the firing pin channel can be cleaned after every range session.

i.imgur.com_i0AMc1s.jpg

i.imgur.com_BSzUkXA.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Glock 30SF stripped down faster than the M&P, but the M&P strips down good enough. The problem I had with the 30 was that it didn't go into battery consistently. Rather than tolerate being called names, I sold it to the pawn shop. My trusted Makarovs have been known to experience a rare light hammer strike - I think because of the decocker. These little idiosyncrasies are in the back of my mind when I choose to carry a semi-automatic. The Bersa Thunder Plus was good for practice clearing double feeds. Yet the M&P 45 stands alone, defiantly as the only semi-automatic that has never had a hic-up.

i.imgur.com_2PvjLdd.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about your little .32 pistol. Sounds like your recoil spring might be getting weak along with your magazine spring. You might want to look into trying some of the European .32ACP, its got a little more "Umph" than our locally grown stuff. Ammo to look for is S&B, an Fiochii, both of these have more power to them than most other brands.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah. It's machts nichts to me. But what I did discover on the M&P was disturbing. The two part trigger has a very small detent pin which upon inspection, revealed a hairline crack in the plastic. The crack is present in the full pic above, in my last post. But I had not noticed it. That's plastic for you. Well, like I said, I carry two revolvers these days.

i.imgur.com_2wExjvt.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom