Carrygun Match at Heartland December 19th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you follow this link? http://www.boomershooter.com/forums...-12-19-10-carry-gun-match-heartland-outdoors/

If you can't send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the results. I can't post anything larger than 19kb or something ridiculous on this forum nor can I get anyone to give me access to increase my file posting size limit. This is one if the primary reasons we created boomer shooter.

It won't let me in. it keeps saying "you don't have permission to access this file". Sorry. I'll PM my email address.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, I am a newb and have only shot two matches in my life (this one and Nov.) so I might can answer this. It is not too easy but I could easily see how it could be made more difficult. HOWEVER, having said that, I also agree with David when looking at the purpose of this and other IDPA-type shooting. the goal is to neutralize (or survive) so it seems that there is a fine line to walk with regard to how much reward/penalty for speed/accuracy.

I would think to add to the "challenge" of the wide open (larger) targets we could do weak hand, prone, kneeling or some other "equalizer"

Just a newb talking out loud......................

Yeah you are correct. I was just watching the video of me shooting those 6 shots to the body with my eyese closed and thought there needs to be more accuracy required on some of these or more movement on the wide open shots.
What say you new shooters? Was it easier than you thought, harder than you thought, just right? I would rather hear from everyone else.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think to add to the "challenge" of the wide open (larger) targets we could do weak hand, prone, kneeling or some other "equalizer"

We've done all those things! :D

(and we'll do them again.................just sayin'....................:D)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, I am a newb and have only shot two matches in my life (this one and Nov.) so I might can answer this. It is not too easy but I could easily see how it could be made more difficult. HOWEVER, having said that, I also agree with David when looking at the purpose of this and other IDPA-type shooting. the goal is to neutralize (or survive) so it seems that there is a fine line to walk with regard to how much reward/penalty for speed/accuracy.

Just a newb talking out loud......................

That is exactly the input I was hoping to hear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom