Carrygun Match at Heartland December 19th!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was fun. I like the knock down targets. I need new glasses, too. But stuff like the poppers and the plates were easy for me to see against the black backstop. I had a hard time telling where my shots struck on the paper targets. That's where the new glasses and being a little more deliberate might come in handy for me.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think these matches are some of the best around. They allow you to do some things that you might not do in a bigger match or a qualifier, such as intentional misfeeds, experiment with reload techniques etc. No real pressure just some good shooting with some good people.

Thanks again David

PS: Since IDPA-style shooting is about trying to maintain cover, how about a big cardboard box that we kneel behind/beside and engage a target

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can we rig up a swinger that hangs from the ceiling? I bet a lot of the shooters that dont shoot the outdoor matches haven't enjoyed one if those yet.

I'd like to do some scenarios where you are in bed and gotta get the gun out of the night stand kind of thing too.

Possibly a seated start with the gun in a case next to you to simulate the console of my truck. Then reload from the same box. Then get out if truck and go hunting for more bad guys down range or retreat up range to safety and fight a long range battle from a knew behind cover.

What defensive match would be complete without a "your taking a dump and somebody bashes in your door" scenario. Maybe you gotta wipe twice (depending on what you ate) pull up your drawers and get to your gun.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What defensive match would be complete without a "your taking a dump and somebody bashes in your door" scenario. Maybe you gotta wipe twice (depending on what you ate) pull up your drawers and get to your gun.

If we do this inside, I ain't coming! :D

PS: I wasn't on your squad but I just watched your video and that is some pretty good training on crutches! Maybe that should be a stage? Everyone on crutches

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can we rig up a swinger that hangs from the ceiling? I bet a lot of the shooters that dont shoot the outdoor matches haven't enjoyed one if those yet.

I'd like to do some scenarios where you are in bed and gotta get the gun out of the night stand kind of thing too.

Possibly a seated start with the gun in a case next to you to simulate the console of my truck. Then reload from the same box. Then get out if truck and go hunting for more bad guys down range or retreat up range to safety and fight a long range battle from a knew behind cover.

It would be more entertaining to shoot the stage with britches around ankles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom