Carrygun Match at Heartland January 16th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
El Prez or Vice Prez is ALWAYS limited shots.

I said as much in the walk thru for the squad on that side and so did the written stage description.

The tennis ball represented an apple that you had to shoot off the head. Original stage name was "William Told" before it changed to "Stage 2"

It really wasn't that difficult a shot as it was fairly close, but the no-shoot made people THINK it was a difficult shot.

One shooter asked me about the penalty for not even shooting at it, as he was worried about hitting the no-shoot. I asked, "Are you wanting to hit the no-shoot?" "No," he said. I replied, "Then it doesn't exist. Focus only on the target you WANT to hit and ignore the part you don't want to hit."

That's a Grandmaster tip right there: Focus on where you want to bullet to go and totally ignore where you don't want the bullet to go.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
let the record show that I was incorrect about the course of fire on the vice-pres, stage three.

I think everybody but chambers shot extra.

I'm okay with it being changed, but I'd have liked a reshoot if we were allowed extra shots since I dropped one just like you fellas. Plus I wanted to dip into the fours (ha!).

Thanks for correcting.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm okay with it being changed, but I'd have liked a reshoot if we were allowed extra shots since I dropped one just like you fellas. Plus I wanted to dip into the fours (ha!).

Thanks for correcting.

I think you only get extra shots if you shoot from concealment and use your real carry gun like the rest of us.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who came out to shoot this month!

Again, there were several people that "came to watch," then changed their mind and wanted to get in on the fun and shoot! They lamented that they couldn't shoot it because they did not bring their gun.

Help a fellow shooter out, TELL THEM TO BRING THEIR GUN, even if they say they're just going to watch!

Also, a big thanks to the very special people (you know who you are) that kept things running after I had to leave.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to use my M&P but I loaned it out!

Don't pretend like you carry that ridiculous GLOCK under your fishing vest.

Actually I carried it to and from the match in the match rig with the fishing vest on. It was the first time I have ever carried anything concealed that wasn't just a pocket gun. It felt very empowering until I had to stop by Westlake Ace Hardware before the match and some dude asked me how they were biting today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom