Carrying to work when you're not allowed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm still waiting on my permit, but in the meantime I've been thinking about carrying to work. Walmart goes by the States laws for customers, but it's an automatic termination for us, so there's a real risk to it. Still, I think I might a couple times to get test the waters.

I have two guns and one holster for each. At home I've been practing with my SW Shield in a IWB Tuckable holster and my SW 637 in a pocket holster; both work well enough but there are some concerns. The grip on my 637 pokes out a tiny bit and the red wood really stands out. The shield is okay and n I tuck my shirt over it but my job has a lot of lifting over my head so my shirt tends to ride up sometimes.

Anyone have some advice, or should I just get a car safe?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you wear western boots then an ankle holster might work for you but you might need a smaller gun like an LCP. I've heard of a holster called Thunderwear. I don't know anyone who has tried it but that seems to be an approach to ultra deep concealment.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get caught with it, you get fired. If you ever have to use it, you'll prob get fired also. Are you sure you want to take it in the store with you? Could wear a fanny pack.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm definitely leaning towards ankle or AIWB carry currently, but gonna have to get some practice with them before going for it I think. Does anyone have experience with this or considered it before?

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you are use to carrying before trying it.
Once it is old hat for you, then your body language will not give yourself away.
Also, don't tell anyone! Even if it's your best friend at work! Too many people
will rat on you without thinking about it.

And yes, it has been done for years.

Pocket carry works for some people, get a holster that covers the trigger.
Ankle carry works if you practice with it. Not the easiest, but works.
IWB with a tuck works well, if you don't have to bend over.
Some will move it to the front, but see if it digs into your leg, or other when you bend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom