Carrying to work when you're not allowed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) find a new job
Or
2) don't carry at work.

Yes the policy sucks but they give you a paycheck and it's their rules. Just carry to work and leave in your care in some sort of a safe.

If you ask a house guest not to smoke inside and they do it anyways you will be pissed off. It's the same thing with work. If they ask you not to then don't do it or find another job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a matter of risk. The risk that you take is what will happen when you get caught. It's not a matter of if. A lot of managers will look at it as a DADT issue if it wasn't brought up by another employee or a customer and it hasn't impacted your work. Others will say "rules is rules" and let you go.

The policies are in place mostly for insurance reasons and insurers require that those in a management position address issues that they reasonably know about.

When you do get fired for violating a policy that carries automatic termination, don't hesitate to ask if they would still be a good reference. For the most part, former employers can really only say if they would or would not hire you again.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you are seeking an "okay" from the community here to violate your employer's policy. I say don't do it.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say no mainly due to your lack of experience. You say you are waiting on your permit so you haven't carried or have been illegally. Practicing at home is not the same as carrying every day. You run the risk of a ND and hurting yourself our someone else.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you told us about it-complete strangers- then that tells me that youre likely to tell at least one co-worker that you 'think' you can trust. Dont ever trust just anyone with certain info. Like youre violating one of the companies policies. Could end bad. Alot of good advice here. There are threads you can search here about car safes, we just had one going not too long ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom