Cattle prod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I was walking my pup and we were charged and the Am-bully tried to get Maggie but I was able to shove the dogs head down and then the owner got there and got him under control.
Had the owner not gotten there my next move was 9mm to the head.
I am a dog lover and do not want to have to take that step . My question is can I carry a cattle prod or is that against the law . I thought maybe a taser but that requires the dog to be within arms length.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.uslawshield.com/non-lethal-weapons-oklahoma/

It appears that it wouldn't be an issue. However, something a little more discrete may be advisable. I saw some sort of a cattle prod built into a walking stick the other day at bass pro or cabela's in the shooting section. That would be decent.
While pepper spray can work against you, it can be a good tool to use. I suggest the gel type in this windy oklahoma weather. The offending dog gets a lesson, the owner will definitely figure out that something is wrong as the dog brings that spicy goodness home on them too. It can provide some motivation for keeping the dog up. But, in my past life as a dog catcher for the city, I have found that pepper spray doesn't always work that well, especially if the dog is exceptionally focused, aggressive, or tough, like many bully breeds. I swear they're missing a few pain receptors in their face.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ol Hike n Strike. Talk about a catchy name. Ive considered getting one myself, as there's two pits in my neighborhood that are one more broken board away from escaping their fence. Not an optimal situation when I'm walking the girlfriends 12yo weenie dog.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/per...e-n-strike-950-000-volt-stun-gun-hiking-stick

Also, for the record, while working with Animal Welfare, I did go out on a few dogs shot by citizen calls. The ones that happened within the defenders yard got by without an issue, with not much more than a stern talking to by the cops regarding discharge of a firearm within city limits, but the two that happened as the individual walking down the street ended up being a bit messier. If I remember right one gentleman got a ticket and the other wasn't found. Just like any other good shoot, it goes without saying that your life being in danger is an important factor.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The ol Hike n Strike. Talk about a catchy name. Ive considered getting one myself, as there's two pits in my neighborhood that are one more broken board away from escaping their fence. Not an optimal situation when I'm walking the girlfriends 12yo weenie dog.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/per...e-n-strike-950-000-volt-stun-gun-hiking-stick

Also, for the record, while working with Animal Welfare, I did go out on a few dogs shot by citizen calls. The ones that happened within the defenders yard got by without an issue, with not much more than a stern talking to by the cops regarding discharge of a firearm within city limits, but the two that happened as the individual walking down the street ended up being a bit messier. If I remember right one gentleman got a ticket and the other wasn't found. Just like any other good shoot, it goes without saying that your life being in danger is an important factor.

The dog was not after me so I can see where I might be in serious trouble, so thanks for posting that Hike n strike. I see a side trip to Bass pro tomorrow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom