CC license for those with no fingerprints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havn't reviewed the statutes lately but OK is a shall issue state and I believe there is an appeal process. You must exaust ur administrative remedies before you proceed to District Court.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck! My mom had the same problem in texas. They will not issue her permit and she won't raise a stink

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello folks. I've been reluctant to attempt to get my CC class and license because I have no fingerprints.
Knowing this would be a problematic endeavor, I went ahead and signed up for a class to get some close friends off my back.
I completed the class then went to the Stephens County Sheriff's Dept and paid them 50 bucks to get my prints digitally and to tell me what I
already knew about my lack of them. A side note was made on the initial fingerprint paperwork, "applicant has
no viable prints due to being burned as a child." I saw this in black and white on the sheet. I got a letter last Tuesday (about 4 weeks after
going to the sheriff's dept.) from the OSBI that stated my prints were not accepted and I would need to have them redone at
another Sheriff's Dept. that uses a digital machine. The digital scanner was used at SCSD already and since I had to be in OKC anyway on this Tuesday,
I dropped by the OSBI office there. I took my rejection letter and intended to talk with someone that could lead me in the right direction
to simplify the situation I was facing, but instead, out of the kindness of their hearts (and yes I was being a smart rear with that comment,)
the tech took my prints for me then and there. It was explained to me that in the event of rejection that each applicant's prints must be
rejected twice before going to the OSBI office for further action, no matter the circumstance for why they were rejected and it didn't follow protocol
for them to do my fingerprinting without the second rejection. Yes, the OSBI saved me the cost of having to pay for the second fingerprinting from another
place, but I was talked down to like a 6 year old that took a cookie without permission. I almost told the young little lady that I was old enough to
turn her over my knee and spank her backside, but I bit my tongue and told her that I had no intention of putting the OSBI in a predicament. I only came there
for some explanation for what I should do considering my circumstances because the generic letter of rejection answered absolutely none of
the questions I had about the situation and calling the office was a complete jerkle circ of press this number or that one, just to get a recorded message. Was I aggravated? Sure!
Am I still? Yes! I don't believe that law abiding citizens should have to pay to be fingerprinted to adhere to laws when those who break the law don't pay a dime
to have it done, no matter how many times they are caught breaking the law. I find this quite disturbing, but that's a whole other story I won't get into.
At any rate, I wait for the letter that states, "your prints will never be recorded because you have none" to come in the mail and tell me that I'm
totally screwed on getting my CC license and I have to go back to OSBI to stand around and scratch my head with everyone else who is
supposed to have all of the answers. The outcome remains to be seen! I will post the rest of my experience when it unfolds.
Judging by the 'I almost told the young little lady that I was old enough to turn her over my knee and spank her backside' comment, YOU were the negative factor in this encounter. From what you wrote, the OSBI employee broke SOP to help you out, and then explained the way things are supposed to go to you. Maybe if you're a little less of a smart rear to people who are breaking SOP to help you, you will have fewer negative encounters.

And if it puts your mind at ease, after 2 attempts at your local SO, OSBI takes your prints. At that point even if the quality of your prints is poor, they accept your prints. It might take a little bit, but they'll get back to you saying all is well.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I needed to make a correction. The charge for the prints was 25 bucks. I meant to correct that, but forgot. ANYWAY, I did get my license instead of another rejection
letter, so my faith in the government just got 1% better. When I have to pay my taxes for last year my faith will probably fall 25% more, but for now I can do a happy dance. Also,
I was burned when I was 5 years old and that was back in 1975, so even my foot print, if it was taken, would not match either. When I text the news to one of my buddy's who insisted I get my license,
he was shocked and told me that he only wanted to see what would happen in my case. He didn't think I'd go through with the whole process. Thanks for standing by me OSA'ers. :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deal. Congrats. Hate the runaround, but in your case, the extra complications throw a wrench in what is normally a pretty straightforward process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom