CCW Badge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mveach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A badge is ridicolus. I suggest holstering your weapon if there is no more threat and calling 911 to report the incident. Give a good description of yourself so responding officers will recognize you. When they arrive keep your hands clearly visible and comply with officers.
Now that was my CC instructor's advice. Also a LEO

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the badge should come with the permit. I could wear it next to my Save the Whales badge! save the whales.jpgccw badge.gif

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who taught the class and suggested that buffoonery?

Fair enough....can you tell us which instructor suggested it?

Not trolling this was suggested in a training class at ussa.

Seriously, name the instructor. Otherwise, this story is just that. If this is the quality of advice given out by a concealed carry class instructor then students who dont know any better need to know who to avoid and why.

On a side note, does any one know if USSA rents its space for outside instructors to give classes? If so, they should be made aware of this crap.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Revisions to previous posts make this post unnecessary ...

I agree with this 100%, but the place for it is in your holster, not on the ground out of your reach where someone, maybe a friend or loved one of the person you just shot, might take it and use it to kill you.

I'll give up control of my weapon to the first responding officer, but I won't relinquish control of it prior to that occurring.

Holstered and hands visible, just like any other encounter with LE when carrying a weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was not the CCW class taught by John, it was one of the training group classes. I am not going to post the name of the instructor, because it was a great class, except for that one tidbit of information and he is entitled to his opinion based on his real life experiences in the US and abroad.

Not everyone is 100% perfect and not every class you take is going to be 100% to real life.

It is your job to listen learn and question and make informed decisions on what is taught. Do not be a sheep and just follow.

I will continue to take classes from USSA and that instructor. I will bring up the question on the badge next time. So lets stop the witch hunt on who it was.

I appreciate all of the feedback and I will not have a "BADGE".

again it was not John, and I am sure John will provide feedback to the other trainers.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trolling this was suggested in a training class at ussa.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!

NOT USSA!!!! Not the great, all-powerful, wonderful and amazing OSA-beloved USSA????

Ha! I love it!

Be careful speaking anything bad about USSA, fact-based, opinion or otherwise. Be very careful. I am not joking. I received a vacation for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom