CCW Badge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was not the CCW class taught by John, it was one of the training group classes. I am not going to post the name of the instructor, because it was a great class, except for that one tidbit of information and he is entitled to his opinion based on his real life experiences in the US and abroad.

Not everyone is 100% perfect and not every class you take is going to be 100% to real life.

It is your job to listen learn and question and make informed decisions on what is taught. Do not be a sheep and just follow.

I will continue to take classes from USSA and that instructor. I will bring up the question on the badge next time. So lets stop the witch hunt on who it was.

I appreciate all of the feedback and I will not have a "BADGE".

again it was not John, and I am sure John will provide feedback to the other trainers.

I understand your position... but I disagree with it. Keep in mind, you may be smart enough to come here for advice, or to use your had to question such things... but the other people in your class, and the dozens or hundreds he will teach in the future may not.

You have a chance to help prevent that.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was not the CCW class taught by John, it was one of the training group classes. I am not going to post the name of the instructor, because it was a great class, except for that one tidbit of information and he is entitled to his opinion based on his real life experiences in the US and abroad.

Not everyone is 100% perfect and not every class you take is going to be 100% to real life.

It is your job to listen learn and question and make informed decisions on what is taught. Do not be a sheep and just follow.

I will continue to take classes from USSA and that instructor. I will bring up the question on the badge next time. So lets stop the witch hunt on who it was.

again it was not John, and I am sure John will provide feedback to the other trainers.

Its not a witch hunt. Its called policing our own.

I understand your position... but I disagree with it. Keep in mind, you may be smart enough to come here for advice, or to use your had to question such things... but the other people in your class, and the dozens or hundreds he will teach in the future may not.

You have a chance to help prevent that.

And you still have that chance. I could understand not naming names if you think you may have misinterpreted the instructors advice regarding badges and want a clarification.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zane is in the loop I am sure they will handle this internally.

I will also personally follow-up with the USSA.

But your not getting names so stop asking.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is most people who get the CCW badge seem to want it to convey some sort of badassery, which it obviously does not. I do know of one instructor out there who has suggested a CCW badge could be useful in some situations, such as holding a bad guy at gun point until police arrive. The guy I'm thinking of has a couple decades experience in plain-clothes armed security work on several continents, and has fought more dirtbags in tight spaces in the presence of weapons than most.

I don't know that he's the instructor from the OP's experience, so I won't share his name in this thread. A person interested in an objective consideration, rather than a pre-drawn conclusion, regarding the instructor I'm talking about could PM me for his name. But like I said, it may not be the same guy.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zane is in the loop I am sure they will handle this internally.

I will also personally follow-up with the USSA.

But your not getting names so stop asking.

There wasnt a question mark in my post. It would be safe to assume I was not asking anything. Consider it a recommendation. I respect your decision to not name the instructor, but I dont understand why you wouldnt.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good enough info so far. No need to name an instructor (although I'm with UMB, not sure why you would bring the issue forward and then withhold info).

I'm sure there are some squared away BTDT guys teaching up there but, IMHO, any "training" establishment that hires and stands behind an instructor that recommends CCW badges to it's students is borderline Yeager material.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Good post. I agree, why do people want the name; so they can call him a dumbazz to his face?
I've seen and heard a lot of differences in opinion on various subjects from trainers and law enforcement on this forum and in other places. The guy is entitled to his opinion. You don't like it, fine. No need to label him as a bad trainer and publicly thrash him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom