CCW Belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just traded in my leather looper for a 511 trainers belt.
My looper split at the stitching and the kydex was already broke and missing pieces. good belt but it just didnt make the cut

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I wear jeans, I wear a Filson, 1 1/2" double layer bridle leather belt

http://www.filson.com/products/1-1-...t=mens/belts-and-suspenders&fmetaProduct=1011

When I wear cargo shorts or fatigue pants, I use a 5.11, 1 1/2" trainers web belt

http://www.511tactical.com/accessories/belts/trainer-belt-1-12-wide.html

And when I'm hunting or at the range, I wear a SPEC-OPS, 1 3/4" Riggers belt

http://www.specopsbrand.com/rigger-s-belt.html

I have owned that same Filson belt for a decade. It is a fine belt, but it does not compare to a dedicated reinforced gun belt. nothing about the quality of the work, which is excellent like every other piece of Filson gear I have had, but it was not designed for that type of duty. mine is as floppy as,... well as some other things.

That particular one was less than a year. Maybe 6-9 months. It was brown leather with engraving, gold buckle.

Im betting Looper would have replaced that belt. they stand behind their gear like no body I have come across.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have owned that same Filson belt for a decade. It is a fine belt, but it does not compare to a dedicated reinforced gun belt. nothing about the quality of the work, which is excellent like every other piece of Filson gear I have had, but it was not designed for that type of duty. mine is as floppy as,... well as some other things.

Im betting Looper would have replaced that belt. they stand behind their gear like no body I have come across.

I know they would, ive met a few of them. They have great service, but I really switched to the 511 belt because I like the design better the the old style leather/buckle combo. Nothing against looper, i just wanted something different.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they would, ive met a few of them. They have great service, but I really switched to the 511 belt because I like the design better the the old style leather/buckle combo. Nothing against looper, i just wanted something different.

I hear you. while I use the looper on a daily basis, i have a 215 gear riggers belt i use when the situation calls for it.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought one of Money bags Looper belts. I like Looper belts, but from experience I can tell you the secret to getting them to last longer is to replace the cheapo buckle with a roller buckle. The kydex isn't put under as much stretch with a roller buckle and won't break as quickly

I wear a double Flison currently and loved it in the beginning but is got progressively softer. The stitching eventually gave out also where the holster clip ran across it every day.

My dads' Looper belt broke, as many have, an they wouldn't replace it. Granted it was about a year old at that point

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my Looper for about 1.5 months ans wear it when every can, swapped out the buckle but I love the belt my only con is either Looper's sizing is on the smaller side or I got fat without buying bigger clothing

Latest posts

Top Bottom