CCW on college campus'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am an Oklahoma college professor who has carried pretty relentlessly for 17 years (not on campus, but almost everywhere else). However it would not occur to me to ask the college president as I am 99.999999% sure of the response! I would like to know what he (prez) thinks about a possible ISIS attack. Probably like most liberals, just thinks he can talk them out of it.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am an Oklahoma college professor who has carried pretty relentlessly for 17 years (not on campus, but almost everywhere else). However it would not occur to me to ask the college president as I am 99.999999% sure of the response! I would like to know what he (prez) thinks about a possible ISIS attack. Probably like most liberals, just thinks he can talk them out of it.
Awesome. What is your area of specialty?

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome. What is your area of specialty?

I teach computer science mostly, and some mathematics. My doctorate is in Math, but I kinda got drafted to teach cs (when they found out I knew a computer language or 2!)
This was back in 1979, when the Math dept had only 3 people that knew any computer language but had 1,000 declared cs majors!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I teach computer science mostly, and some mathematics. My doctorate is in Math, but I kinda got drafted to teach cs (when they found out I knew a computer language or 2!)
This was back in 1979, when the Math dept had only 3 people that knew any computer language but had 1,000 declared cs majors!
Wow. The only languages I know (some of) that go back that far are Fortran, Matlab, and SQL.

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the advent of microcomputers, BASIC was a big deal back then. I knew BASIC, FORTRAN, and some Z80 assembly language; then after being hired I learned many more (including C, Pascal, 68K assembly, and later C++.) Now C++ is our departmental language, and it is just about all I program in anymore.

Carrying in Edmond -- I am QUITE sure that if something bad goes down, everyone is going to say they never dreamed such a thing could happen here. We gunners know better than that, but what is funny is the only time so far I actually felt the need for a gun was right here in Edmond! One night about 6-7 years ago, I had gone (about 10pm) to our cleaners at 2nd & Bryant to get a book (I had lots of books there, go figure). As I was unlocking the door, I noticed (due to good SA -- I always use the reflections on the glass to see my 6) a car pulling up behind me, not parking in a spot but just pulling up parallel and stopping. This put me in yellow (condition yellow). I got the door unlocked and turned around to face whoever it was. Well, he had exited the car and was on his side of the car looking at me! So we eyed each other for a few seconds -- then he freaked and got in his car and left!
I decided he must have been a druggie who wanted to knock me in the head and steal money out of the register. He must have decided I knew what he was up to and wasn't afraid, so I must have a gun, or something. On that, he would have been right.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the advent of microcomputers, BASIC was a big deal back then. I knew BASIC, FORTRAN, and some Z80 assembly language; then after being hired I learned many more (including C, Pascal, 68K assembly, and later C++.) Now C++ is our departmental language, and it is just about all I program in anymore...

We use Python and R for most of our coding needs.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it comes out. I don't have any personal experience, but I do not recall hearing of anyone who has been successful. There's got to be a first someday, right! Might as well be you!
My CCL instructor told me of two people that got permission. Both had special circumstances and both were limited on how long they could carry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom