Cheap AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I won't even try. I totally respect and agree with what you are saying. I have a different opinion. For example my rifle, I like the keymod, I like my stock, I prefer my aimpoint, I like my ambi controls, I like that if I ever break a bolt it will be replaced for free, I like that it has a proven reliability record.

With that said, I'm looking at doing a budget build, nothing wrong with it. I will just have to sit down and draw it up on paper and see what it cost. With the things I prefer in a rifle I'm not sure it will come out as a "budget". I think it will be close to what a DD would cost.

Those are some very valid points you are making and I can see the value in those features,

The question is this: how many times have your ambi controls allowed you to come out ahead in a gun fight? a competition? at the range? my budget ar has never failed to go boom when I pulled the trigger. Is that a good track record? DD's aren't issued to the military, so what track record are we talking about? How often to bolts fail?

I won't argue the point with the optics. I think that is a whole different argument, but the answer to those questions is probably the same to the question "How fast have you driven your camaro over 100mph?" - but I still love my Camaro, and you still want the DD.

So, really, the only answer that is valid is this: get what you want, what will make you feel like you made a good choice and got a good return on your money.

No other substantiation is really needed. Most AR's will never see a critical mission, most sports cars will never see a race track. And thats okay.

BTW: I think the DD rifles look awesome.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 aint this the truth....

So you knock me for buying, in my opinion, quality AR's, but when I look at your post I see some really nice cars. So again, what's the difference in spending money on a nice rifle vs a nice car? Why do you feel the need to buy a nice car vs my Kia? They both do the same thing right?

Not knocking you buddy, just making a point! Those are some nice rides if you still have them!

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are some very valid points you are making and I can see the value in those features,

The question is this: how many times have your ambi controls allowed you to come out ahead in a gun fight? a competition? at the range? my budget ar has never failed to go boom when I pulled the trigger. Is that a good track record? DD's aren't issued to the military, so what track record are we talking about? How often to bolts fail?

I won't argue the point with the optics. I think that is a whole different argument, but the answer to those questions is probably the same to the question "How fast have you driven your camaro over 100mph?" - but I still love my Camaro, and you still want the DD.

So, really, the only answer that is valid is this: get what you want, what will make you feel like you made a good choice and got a good return on your money.

No other substantiation is really needed. Most AR's will never see a critical mission, most sports cars will never see a race track. And thats okay.

BTW: I think the DD rifles look awesome.

Great points. The features on my rifle will never see combat with me, but just like your camaro, jealous BTW, I enjoy having the features.

novtec1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought my audi after my 5th deployment before that i had a integra eagle talon, mistubishi evo, subaru sti, vw golf and i daily a wrx and my audi is my "welcome home gift. SO if you wanna compare cars to guns here we go... the integra was my first build the Audi is my pretty gun... and i was tired of driving "boy racer" cars.

Hope that answers your question

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
curious... what other features do you have that my budget shooter doesn't have?
Anderson lower, lower parts kit and upper.

It's a KAC SR15e3 with an URX4 keymod rail. I'm not sure what all you have done besides Anderson parts.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_04_8ypyny2y.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_04_4ajesaqa.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom