Cheap AR45 plinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My kids and I really like plinking with AR9s, figured I needed to build an AR45 as well. I have most of the parts in, waiting on the buffer tube I'm planning on using to show up where I can attach a Tailhook brace, and now just need a minute to assemble it. Not sure if I'll stick with the tailhook or use something else... Anyway, hoping this is another fun plinker! All parts are new except for the handguard picked up here in the classifieds. I'm using a 10.5" Wilson barrel and the handguard will eventually be replaced with a 12" handguard that has an ID where I can fit my Omega 45k suppressor inside. I was surprised at how many less options there are for 45acp lowers as compared to 9mm lowers; ended up going with a Joe Bob lower.

5yqhVaa.jpg

Should break down to a pretty small package
33DRmmh.jpg

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interested in this. Which lower did you use, I'm not finding one for a .45 on Joe Bob's. Still looking, though... maybe I'm missing it.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used THIS one... Looks just like the New Frontier lower (probably is one), but Joe Bob actually had lowers in stock unlike most other places.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never used the Kriss extensions, but I've never had a problem with the Korean 45 mags as long as you don't push more than 23 or so rounds in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom