• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Cheap Road Grader WANTED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Look for an old horse drawn unit.
I've done my road for 20 years with this one I paid $250 for at a farm auction. Had to modify it some so it would be able to be pulled with a pickup. Makes the road like glass.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160523_8b83a751ed6f85f4b285168a9b207218.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160523_df62968823caa2d7235bc4a60fdce2b1.jpg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Man thats a really cool idea...but my road is F'd up lol. I have a good sized box blade thats barely worth the trouble. You think that thing is heavy enough to recrown a road made of some hard ground (not much loose material/sand).

It needs a bunch of new gravel and or asphalt but i want to fix the washouts and crown first.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Man thats a really cool idea...but my road is F'd up lol. I have a good sized box blade thats barely worth the trouble. You think that thing is heavy enough to recrown a road made of some hard ground (not much loose material/sand).

It needs a bunch of new gravel and or asphalt but i want to fix the washouts and crown first.
Hit it with your box blade with the crust busters down to create loose material, then go over with a grader to crown.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Usually the busters just skip over the ground being so hard and compacted. After all the rain we've had I'm sure ill get more material to work with though. The main issues I have are #1 ditches need to be re-dug, #2 road needs to be crowned, and #3 I need about 5 (or more) semi loads of gravel and or asphalt.

I just acquired ownership of a boat & RV storage that is located at the end of our road so getting this fixed is pretty important to me right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom