Chemical and biological weapons test in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlawson710

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys been reading threads for a couple years, but this is my first time posting. Forgive ne if it is in the wrong spot I'm not great with technology. I'm curious has anyone heard anything about the chemical and biological weapons test they plan on doing in northern Oklahoma? It concerns me but i can't seem to find much out about it other than the one article that everyone else paraphrases. Why does no one really knoe much about it and why ain't anyone pitching a fit?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

nlawson710

New to the site!
Reaction score
I read about this a month ago and it is/was NOT a "chemical and/or biological weapons test". It was to be a test run for the procedures to follow in the event that a chem or bio incident. The response to this by folks who are paranoid is truly over the top. I have linked to a news piece about the response procedure test.

http://www.fox23.com/news/biological-weapons-simulation-test-planned-in-oklahoma/646596934
Where did you see that "it was not" a chemical and biological test? I've read that article before posting and I did see where they said it was a test to see how much protection buildings would offer citizens in the instance that terrorists used similar weapons. Call me paranoid but I've talked to more than a few folks and sent them the same link and so far you are the only one I've heard voice an opinion that seems not so worried. I just don't see anything in that article or any other ones that I've looked up that made me feel at ease on the situation, even a southern Kansas politician seems to be worried from what I've read...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bio weapons test would be a test of biological weapons. In this case the Dept of Homeland Security is releasing a harmless surrogate to see what level of protection existing buildings and facilities might provide (approximating real weapons) in the event of an attack. All of that was clearly stated in the news item I linked.

The purpose of the event is to assess preparedness and vulnerability not to test biological weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom