China buying land in the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finding out who actually owns the LLC or other acquiring entity would take some research. Registered agent on the SOS site is just the administrative contact for notice. May not have any actual ownership.

I don't know what the US policy is on foreign ownership of land.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pot houses....a ton in NWOK. They'll buy any rural property with a shop. Covert the shop to a growing facility, turn the house into a bunk house for about 20-30 Chinese guys. There's been some human trafficking issues as well. They don't know the traffic laws of the road either, keep their ID on their cell phone and use an app on their phone to translate.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chinese are buying up land south of Wilson, OK and setting up pot grow houses.
Are you sure it’s “Chinese”?

The Vietnamese have been steadily taking over the poultry industry for the last 10-15 years, and they’re being given sweetheart deal by banks with low/no interest loans and (from what I’ve heard) don’t have to pay taxes. It wouldn’t surprise me that the same thing is happening in the pot industry.
It’s very hard for a white person to get into the chicken business unless you have a half million dollars in the bank, but from what I hear, the Vietnamese are getting in with no money down.
I will say though that all the Vietnamese chicken farmers I know are really nice hard working folks, and they pay me for the work I do way better than my other customers. Of course, that could be because they’re not paying interest or taxes...:blush:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pot houses....a ton in NWOK. They'll buy any rural property with a shop. Covert the shop to a growing facility, turn the house into a bunk house for about 20-30 Chinese guys. There's been some human trafficking issues as well. They don't know the traffic laws of the road either, keep their ID on their cell phone and use an app on their phone to translate.

Apparently I've been oblivious. So, these are illegal grow houses that sell like the old days before a pot store on every corner? What do the 20-30 Chinese people do? Work somewhere I assume?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of Hmongs I know are in the grow business.

As for people selling to Chinese nationals - do they not understand they are literally selling their country down the road? Typical Americans, though; many would sell their own mothers if they could profit from it. Sad.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chinese must be pretty certain America will legalize or at least decriminalize weed pretty soon to be buying all this property.China Joe must have made several million off this deal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how China is buying US land even here in Oklahoma. I don’t doubt this, however, I kinda want to look into this myself. Any ideas on how? Are there known shelll companies used in this process? I can’t imagine I’ll find results by going to the assessors page and looking for “people’s republic of China” in the owner search.

I know for a fact it's happening.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assure you its true. They offer a lot of money and pay cash.

Those pot grows going up everywhere.
A real estate developer/agent my dad knows contacted him about some clients he has. Dad said he asked if he'd be willing to sell for an outrageous price, well above what he'd actually be willing to take for it, so he said he'd entertain the offer. They came out and looked, but they didn't look at the house at all, or even at the farm itself, just the shop. When they found out it didn't have 3-phase power, they lost interest in it.

Mom said they were Chinese pot farmers, but I don't know if that's a fact or speculation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom